Thursday, September 23, 2021

Waking Up on Stage

 Do you define yourself as the victim of the world or as the world?

Alan Watts

Hmm!  It is obvious what I have been defining myself as in many of the recent posts, isn't it? Embarrassing. 

Did you know that person is the greek word for mask? 

Man ...how quickly we can slip back under our masks, slide back onto the stage of some big tragedy, reclaiming our role of victim  and how quickly we begin to believe that is who we are...again and again.  We become unconscious sooo fast!

It is like...I am in the green room, mask off, being as open and real as I can be...feeling presence...taking responsibility for my version of Life...and then the next thing I know I find myself back in the drama. I am waking up  realizing I am in costume again...and that I was so lost in my role I forgot I was merely acting.  I forgot that I could walk off the stage at any time and go back into the greenroom. (Or maybe I didn't want to walk off...I was enjoying playing my role?)  

Once we "snap out of  it"  and realize we were once again  lost in  character..we can step off the stage and go back to the quiet green room where all actors come from. We can take off our masks and stop pretending.  

Sure, there may be some booing and and hissing from the audience who were enthralled by our acting. The other actors are going to be p*&^%$ too...because they are like, "how are we going to adlib this without you playing your role?", especially if we  do not have an understudy.  And the director...well forget about them. All those still invested in the drama are not going to understand! 

But it is only in that green room, the spacious background of the stage, the present moment, where we  can come to realize that we are much more than the mask we wear...the "person" we are playing. 

That there is a central self...you can call It God, you can call It anything you like...and it is playing all of us.  It is playing all the parts, all beings whatsoever, whereever and anywhere.  And It is playing the game of hide and seek with Itself. It gets lost and gets involved in the forest of adventure but in the end it always wakes up and comes back to Itself.  And when you are ready, you are going to wake up. If you are not ready you are going to still picture yourself as the pitiful "little me." Alan Watts

You are not who you think you are and the role you play limits you and keeps you trapped in some drama. 

Presence is deeper than the person. Eckhart Tolle

Who do you want to be?  The victim or the world? 

All is well.

Eckhart Tolle/ (July, 2021) The Real Cause of Anxiety.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIreWs78acs

Alan Watts/Johnny Bigger (May, 2021) The Most Eye Openeing Ten Minutes of Your Life. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXsdC1iocRY

No comments:

Post a Comment