Sunday, December 6, 2020

This Moment

 


don't hold your breath

don't hold your breath and wait for glory

as you take the first step to the end of  story 

don't overlook, ignore, trod over  or smother 

this tiny step you take now toward the other

it is in the space between point A and B

that you must awaken and learn to see

that this is your life, right here, right now

embrace this step, accept, allow

put aside your wish  for this moment to leave

place your foot gently, then gratefully  breathe


© Dale-Lyn (Pen) September, 2020


I was inspired to drag this up after my morning practice of listening to Eckhart Tolle and reading Day 9 from Erin Fall Heskell's book. Basically made me think about how stress is a result of not accepting the  moment for what it is and/or using it only as a stepping stone to get to the next moment we assume will be better.  A few poems came out of me over the years related to these concepts.  The first one in September after listening to Tolle speak.  I cited the video then.  

Then as I was reading I was reminded of a poem about comparing Life to a waiting room...how we opt to put our dreams there.  I spent the last 15 minutes looking for that one . It isn't published here, I don't think.  I looked through my collection and was not able to find it.  If it was meant to be here I would have found it.  If it shows up I will put it here.  

All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment