Wednesday, December 9, 2020

 

Story 

Inside  the cover of  your mind lies the  beginning pages  of your story,

filled with "sound and fury", yes, but sometimes filled with  glory.

It is an epic in which  you write about your life as the hero, " little me"

who sets upon the path of righteousness, one fillled with future and history.

Round and round the story spins, getting more and more captivating

as you forever  stumble and redeem yourself in this quest  you are creating.

The evil doers multiple, their actions become more and more commanding

as the victim's cry for help and rescue becomes increasingly  demanding.

Depite the editor's request for  revision, heard somewhere beyond the thought

you cannot drop the word or page count, in this drama you are caught. 

You fill the pages with with "they" and "them" and  what was done  to you;

you justify your suffering as a response to tests you are endlesly  put through;

you draw your sword and hold up your shield in the climax of this plot,

cliging to this suffering, this heroic chivalery  with everything you got.

For what would happen to this hero  if you let the story go? 

Without the pages will "me" disappear along with everything you know?

Could the end of  this drama be the end of  the reality  that you see

or could it be the opening in which your real Self is finally set free?  

©Dale-Lyn December 2020


Thirty minute poem written after listening to the linked video.  Far, far from perfect...I know... and I don't care. I just felt like I needed to plop it here. So, so much going on right now. in "my life" and "my" head..I do not have the time or energy to resist a creative impulse or to work on it.  It gets put down as it comes to me.  I am caught in a story I am not particularly liking right now. 


But still...

All is well. 

Eckhart Tolle (October, 2020 ) Awakening From Self-Talk. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Afn0NLgByo

No comments:

Post a Comment