Monday, December 7, 2020

Responding Positively to Stressors


You can blame others, speak of broken promises, expectations, victim stories, but the reality is nothing can cause stress except the way you think.  To take responsibility and respond in a positive manner no matter what occurs in life is a measure of how Awakened someone is.  That does not mean you keep putting your hand back into a flame that keeps burning you, or stay in any circumstances where negative reactions are inevitable.
Erin Fall Heskell ( Day 9, Awakening)

 I  woke up with a bad dose of resentment flue again. Changes are about to take place in my household that I didn't actively agree upon.  Changes I  have said no to others to because it involves having something I  don't want in this house. I fear it will also disrupt the serenity of the yoga  studio because it will mean constant tresspassing through it...and history tells me that the individuals have  not treated what could be viewed as  "my" space with respect and thoughtfulness to date. 

I want what this new venture will give the person who is taking it on...a purpose, hope, something to do...though it is not the project I would have chosen for anyone in his situation. Can I make peace with this? I wish I was shown the respect I deserve ( how egoic does that sound?) with a sit down discussion before the plans were made but without consulting me...all the equipment was purchased and is on its way.

The four R's that I have written about previously were activated and burning up inside me when I awoke this morning. I was resisting, repulsion collecting, and looking to "run away".  Ready once again to run out the door and leave it all behind... I caught myself and said, 

"Wait a minte.  This was your house, your space first.  Even if it is just a material thing and you are trying to eliminate the "My" and "mine" from your life and to allow and accept what life hands you...you are still in a clump of flesh that has certain rights and needs; you still are operating from a human mind that needs serenity in order to accomplish the task it is meant to be used for. Yes, this stress you are feeling is just a creation of your mind as a reaction to  the situations you are presently dealing with; yes, you need to   accept and allow what life offers you, yes-you need to  lose your attachment to things, consider the needs of others but you also need to consider your own needs and desires,  you also  need to look after your body, your mind and your spiritual evolution and be assertive in doing so. Put away your "righteousness" yes...but do not deny your right to have a better life. You  have a "right" ( if right is the correct word to use here or not)  to create the life you feel will best serve you and your purpose here." 

Sigh!!! And I know I am reacting to this because other big doozies of circumstance have landed on my lap and I am just so tired. Though I want "me" to dissolve, I still need some semblance of peaceful physical space to do it in. Responding in a positive manner includes looking after what is truely important to me...my peace of mind.

All is well!


No comments:

Post a Comment