Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Does thought actually create our external reality?

 Welcome whatever Life brings to you in each moment, even if if is difficult. Do not complain because  if you do you are in an antagonistic relationship with Life and if you are in an antagonistic relationship with Life, Life will reflect that back to you.

Eckhart Tolle (somewhat paraphrased) 


Just had a bit of inspiration come to me, a remotely possible way out of this finacial hole I "percieve" myself to be in and I intend on following through.  Regardless of how it turns out I am so very grateful for the inspiration , for the bit of light that flicked on in me (Yeah...I can almost see one of those cartoon balloons with a light bulb being turned on  over my head). 

Another Click of A Light bulb!

I had another click too.  You know how , when I was reading Andersen's Three Magic Words, I kept questioning if thought actually created our external reality?  I loved the messages he shared, especially in the meditations.  They resonated with something deep inside me. And I do agree that The first cause is always mental, especially when it comes to suffering yet, this idea that we directly "manifested"our reality with our thoughts didn't 'click'..  I think The Secret kind of ruined it for me ( no offense to The Secret..I loved it when it first came out...I was there then...but I think I evolved a little bit beyond its take on the Law of Attraction, especially on the egoic way we are encouraged to use it and "what" we could use it for.[ I know that sounds so condescending and self righteous of me...I will try to explain it better at another time. ]) 

Does thought actually create our external reality?

So I had a hard time agreeing with  Andersen's proposal that we directly think our worlds into existence.  Even though the Yoga Sutras allude to this, and quantumn mechanics, other scriptures and the Bible even in some passages do .  There was just something missing, a vital and deeper wisdom. It, therefore, seemed  a bit  "Woo-woo" .  

When Eckhart Tolle never seemed to come out and say he agreed with this ability to manifest, though he seemed almost  pushed to do so, I kind of walked away from the thoughts shared in Three Magic Words with the question, Does thought actually create our external reality?, unanswered.

Eckhart Tolle Says It Does

Then today in. Awaken Your Inner Light, Tolle more or less came out to say that our state of mind will directly affect our external reality. He almost echoed Andersen with this statement:  The world is the realm of effect; consciousness is the realm of consequence. Yet, he did so in a way that took into account the higher wisdom and the true motivation for viewing and thinking  "rightly" as the Buddhist teaching shares and what Jack Kornfield calls "viewing wisely".  He was saying that we can change our external reality by being present but presence is what we truly want, not a change in external reality. 

The True Goal for Changing Our Thinking Pattern

We do not try, then,  to get beyond problematic thinking  so that we can get a million dollar mansion, a fancy sports car or a trophy wife...but so that we can evolve the way we are meant to, both on a personal and collective level. We want to change  our relationships with what our minds are doing so we become more conscious, aware and present in the level beyond the mind. When we bring conscious presence to external situations, whether they be joyful or difficult, withourt ego reactivity, we directly affect the outcome in the physical reality for ourselves, and the world. The real goal, however, is not to change what is coming and going in the external world but to get to a higher level of consciousness. It is just a secondary consequence of being present that our lives tend to become easier and better. 

A Better Understanding of a Universal Teaching

I can see now how Andersen was truly trying  to get that across. He wasn't stuck on the superficial level of manifesting...He was talking about the evolutionary need, the Universal desire,  for all of us to connect to the USC, God....  

He also encourages  us to do the same thing as others, like Tolle, do when we encounter challenges in life we might want changed . We are to see ourselves as seperate from those challenges, to not react...to trust in a higher power. It is this surrenering to what is that will bring peace, not the change in external reality that will surely follow. Hmm! 

When I am faced with apparent confusion, I surrender it, give over each of my problems and worries to that which has the perfect solution and in which there is absolute clarity. I take my thoughts from the limitless reaches of Universal Subconscious Mind, never from the world around me. I do not think responsively, I think originally; I do not react, I act. I am never a victim of circumstances, for each thing of my life proceeds from out of my thoughts, which move always in accord with God. Location 4086

Someting to think about.. 

All is well!

Andersen, Uell S.. Three Magic Words . BN Publishing. Kindle Edition. 

Eckhart Tolle (September 29, 2020) Becoming A Conscious Participant /Awaken Your Inner Light/ Mini-series # 4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx3tN9Qf_l0

No comments:

Post a Comment