Thursday, September 3, 2020

Does Thought Really Create Our Negative Experiences?

It would be impossible to elicit admission from anyone in the world that he consciously desired these negative things [Illness, Poverty etc]. Yet, if he has them, just as surely as there is life, he has ordered them for himself.

Andersen, Uell S.. Three Magic Words . Location 126



Not Completely Confident With That Statement

I love the messages in the book.  I do.  But I had with me, from the beginning of my studying it , this little knot in me that wouldn't let one thought through into the Belief /Manifesting Machine of my mind: This thought that if we think positively enough we will only encounter positive circumstance. Our negative circumstances are all a result of our thinking, nothing else, and can be avoided  by adapting a new positive belief system. 

I am not going to argue if this is true or not true.  I am really not qualified to say either way.  I don't know if that is possible or not. 

My conditioned  mind says, "No way!"

My gut says, "Possibly... when humans reach that level of Self-realization and evolution... we will see and use the power within us to its full potential."

But I  cannot  solidify that as a truth within me at this point, no matter how I meditate, tap, affirm? And according to this teaching, if I cannot do that it will not become a belief in me from which I can operate or lets say "manifest".

Confident in "The Power of Postive Thinking" 

What I do know from my own life expereince and watching this mind of mine...is that thoughts lead to feelings...feelings lead to actions and actions lead to consequences.

And I do believe in "the power of postive thinking".  I believe it will make our lives so much better to think consistently positive rather than negative.  I agree 100 % with that part of the teaching.  I just may differ in the reasoing behind it.

Our thinking will determine the types of lives we live

Look at it this way, if you are constantly thinking negative thoughts,  seeing only gloom and doom you are likely going to feel feardul, depressed, angry, frustrated and you will then act accordingly.  You may withdraw from all the wonderful people and things  outside your comfort zone   because your mind is telling you they cannot be trusted, or they may hurt you etc.  You may not take chances , go on adventures, step out of your protective and very limiting shells. You may then  miss out on the sunlight and the beauty all around you. Your life will remain dark and limited.  You will only see in it that which supports your negative convictions about people, life and yourself.  In this case...your  thinking has definitely created a negative experience for you.

If you are consistently positive in your thinking...you may feel more "up" energy wise.  You are more likley to feel happy, excited, energetic, enthusiastic.  You are also more likely, because of these feelings, to take chances, get out there, see the good in other people and things.  ...really live your life.  This thinking which directly results in a postive attitude and approach to life is going to give you more opportunity, show you more wonderful things...so your life will be fulfilled.

So a negative frame of thinking will usually lead to negative life consequences.  A positive frame of mind will likely lead to more positive.  Simple to understand right?

Do our thoughts really determine our expereinces or simply our perceptions of them? 

I do think our thinking will determine the quality of our lives. Does that mean, however, that the person who thinks negatively never has blessings trot across their path or the person who thinks positively will never lose a loved one, a job, have an accident or illness? Do the circumstances actually change with a change in thought or just the perception and the response  to them? If we are surrounded with negative life circumstance at a point in our lives are we totally to blame   because we "thought wrong"? Isn't that just going to add more negativity to an already negative mind? Or is it possible that there is another part of this life force at play?

Part of the Grand Plan

Is it possible that all the circumstances that come our way...come for a reason, the soul purpose being for transformation, growth and evolution?  I truly believe we are all meant to move upward and outward right?  We agree on that? We are meant to grow, change, evolve.  Would we do that if our life circumstances were always "easy" and we didn't have to step outside our comfort zone?

Probably not, right?

Suffering Has a Purpose

Suffering is the  greatest transformational tool there is.  We need challenge, obstacles, a bit of "unruffling" in our exterior lives to make us go inward so that we can expand ourward and upward.

You see there is the pain that comes from life events...a given, natural sucession of waves that we all expereince.  Change, loss, deterioration are all necessary steps in evolution. This is not necessarily suffering. How our minds perceive and respond to these pain inducing circumstances is where the suffering comes in. 

What does the mind do with all that 'bumpiness"on your natural evolutionary path to expansion?   

It is true that the  person chossing neagtive thought over positive ( and it is a choice at some level)  may look upon a challenging event that life has possibly offered as a gift...as a curse; seeing themselves as victims to yet another cruel trick played on them by life....leading them to resist, struggle against, deny, avoid, numb, retract into their comfort zones etc. 

When the mind does this ...this is suffering.  It wasn't the circumstance but the mental approach to it that created this notion of "suffering". Until they recognize how their own thinking and not Life is causing suffering, they will not evolve.  Given enough suffering, however, they may find, as a last resort, the need to turn inward, thus they may use this suffering ...they did indeed create...as a door to higher consciousness.

The person who thinks positively, however, could still have a crapload of unpleasant and challenging circumstances dumped on their door step...but they might respond differently to them.  They may see it as a gift...or at least as something that is not necessarily negative or positive.  They may see the learning potential in it and they may do, what Eckhart Tolle, says we could do with such things without the need to believe that our thinking is or isn't creating it, "Allow it and accept it as if you have chosen it." 

Allow and Accept As If You Have Chosen It

Allow it: Don't resist it or push it away...don't label it as more evidence the world is offering to justify your negativity.  It simply is what it is.  And it is. You really cannot deny its reality as a circumstance in your life right now.  I don't care how positive you are...the circumstance is what it is. Really...no matter how much you try to deny that you were fired...that doesn't change the fact that you were fired.  Try showing up at your old desk for work the next day and see what happens.

Accept it: Allow it; then accept it as a natural part of the evolution of you, of humanity in general.  Life isn't punishing you...it is trying to assist you and all of mankind  in your growing upward and outward. Accepting means having faith taht Life has a plan you cannot yet understand.

As if you have chosen it: This is the key whether you agree to Andersen's book and other New age teaching...or not.  I am not sure if my thinking directly caused this challenging  circumstance in my life...this obstacle on my road to peace...but if I see it as if I chose it...what a difference that makes.  I feel empowered.  I will stop complaining and resiting it.  I will open my arms and embrace it .  I will appreciate it and learn from it. These are emotions that enrich life, create wellness and satisfaction with one's life.  I will grow and expand ...not despite the challenge...but because of it! I will see what the person still lost in their unconscious suffering has yet to see...that suffering can take me to higher consciousness.

It creates a totally different mindset and a totally different playing fiedl.  Does it not?

Choose to Look at Life Circumstances Differently

So whether Andersen's statement that our minds and our thinking are  100 % directly related to our circumstances is true or not...doesn't matter. Maybe it is absolutely true ...may not be. Until we evolve enough to truly know this, simply act as if you have chosen the circumstances that show up in your life.  They will then all become blessings and your life will then indeed be blessed. Your perception of "problems" and "a hard life" will change whether the circumstances do or not.

All is well in my world.

Side note: I do believe in miracles, divine intervention and serendipity. I asked that question yesterday: "Did I cause this with my thinking?"...when I was pondering over a challenging circumstance in my life.  I also prayed over it, intended a resolution during a very healing yoga practice I had. And yesterday the resolution I was looking for... for this other person...seemed to miracously appear.  She was more or less "guided" to discovering  a certain peace. Then...this morning as I sat at the kitchen table to listen to some profound words, as I am contemplating Andersen's book and  the question, "Did my thinking cause this?" ...this video was there when I flicked on  you tube:

Eckart Tolle (August 31, 2020) Simple Recipe for Overcoming Suffering/Eckhart's Life Practices
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xANjrN3rVvE

How cool is that?

Andersen, Uell S.. Three Magic Words . BN Publishing. Kindle Edition.


No comments:

Post a Comment