Tuesday, September 1, 2020

First Cause is Mental

Thought plus Conviction equals Manifestation. There is manifested in your experience exactly that which you are convinced of!

...
Thus our thoughts are turned into things and we can neither start nor stop the process; we can only control our thinking.
Uell S. Andersen

Is the First Cause of All We See  Mental?

This is by far the greatest take away from Andersen's book and the thing I truly want to examine: The first cause is always mental. In other words, whatever you see around you...be it a person, a relationship, a thing, or a circumstance...it, whatever it is, began in your mind.  It is a thought thing.  Things come from thoughts; thoughts do not come from things.

Do you see truth in that statement? 

Or are you like the most of us still stuck in this idea that our thoughts come from things.  Do you see yourself  reactively thinking to the things your five senses deliver to you. 

For you,  is it more of a: 

I "think' he does not like me because I see his face...and I hear the way he talks to me...and I feel his distance.

or a:

He has that look on his face, is talking to me in that way and is keeping his distance because I think that he does not like me?

Does this sound like you:

I am thinking the world is an awful place because  right now I see violence and injustice everywhere I turn around, I hear about war and destruction on the radio and my lover just broke up with me.

or a:

I am noticing so much chaos and destructiveness, focusing on the bad news I am hearing about war and possibly my lover broke up with me because I tend to think negatively.

Another:


I think I am a successful writer because my book got published

or a:

My book got published because I think like a successful writer?

Oh...one more:

I know I am healthy because I feel great and my doctor tells me all my test results are normal

or a:

My doctor is telling me all my tests results are normal and I feel great because I know I am healthy?

Normal Belief is That Things Come Before Thoughts

Most of us will likely use the first type of statement.  We tend to believe that our thoughts come as a response to what we are experiencing in our worlds.  We believe we are simply having thoughts in response to what our five senses deliver to us from the external environment. 

"Winter is cold" is a thought form that arises from experiencing a Canadian winter in January.  Right? That is a logical conclusion. We experience something personally or collectively, we form a thought about it and the more we "experience" it, the more we are convinced of the thought's truth.  It gets stored away as a core belief. 

The Abnormal Turn Around

Yet Andersen, as well as many other spiritual and quantum teachers will tell us that...the first cause is always mental.  The experience of cold in winter didn't come from some natural ecological law about where we are in distance from the equator.  The experience of cold came from the thought: winter is cold, and not from experiencing a Canadian winter. Without the thought...it wouldn't be cold.

Chosen or lucky?

So if we are living the Life of Riley, prosperous and rich, with blessing upon blessing steeped upon us, healthy, fit, loving and beloved...is it because of some random twist of fate, singling us out , putting us in the right place and the right time? Are we just "chosen as special" or  "lucky?"

Or could we  be experiencing life this way, because of the beliefs we have stored in our subconscious.  Beliefs we know with conviction to be true. Could we have thoughts like, "It is a great life...so much opportunity to go around; I see blessing everywhere; There is no limitation or lack in my life; There is so much abundance to go around; I am healthy because we are all meant to be healthy; I love my body and am so grateful for it...I take good care of it; there is so much love in the world; I have so much in me and it feels so good to love, to give...and it keeps coming back to me the more I give; my neighbour isn't evil or bad even though he might have done some terrible things...he just doesn't see clearly...well I see clearly.  I see the good in him...the good in everybody including ,myself.  My goodness, it is good to be alive!!"

Thinking Becomes Reality...A Bit of Hope.

Is it possibly that what we think becomes our reality?  Does the possibility of this not give you at least a bit of hope. It gives me hope and that is reason enough to pursue this possibility.

Not so Lucky?

My reality right now, seems to get me thinking  Life is tough.  I lost my respectable income for reasons beyond my control. I am now living below the poverty line and I  have adult children dependent on me financially because of COVID and other things ( I mean D. 's contribution makes life easier but as an independent woman I am determined to remain so financially...I will not make my lack of substantial income his problem). The sources of income I was dependent on to help supplement us: the apartment downstairs and my yoga classes are no longer feasible because of COVID and a change in plans. I still have yet to finish paying for it.  I feel unwell but I can't go anywhere with that but inward.  I seem to have one crisis after another ping ponging off of me like I am some type of table. I have lost any professional designation I once had and do not have a clue how I am physically going to be able to earn an income. I have loved ones who are not well and apparently, no matter what I do to support, it is wrong or not enough. My writing ...when I find the time and ability to focus enough to get something finished and out there...is meeting rejection after rejection.  I still have this massive knot of trauma in my center, in the way of everything...and though I was hoping the changes my life has taken would help me to find a way to release it so I could have more to give...I have not had the time to sit and focus on it or me. So...I get caught up in believing that my thinking is a result of these circumstances.  My writing it all down here was my way, (my ego's way), of convincing you and myself  that I have a right to think this way.

Right has nothing to do with this!!!

If I have it backwards and my thinking isn't the way it is because of the circumstances I am encountering but instead...the circumstances are the way they are because of my thinking...man I want to change my thinking.  Wouldn't you?

The thing is I am a fairly optimistic person...so I think.  I take things in stride. I reconstruct my negative thoughts into positive ones almost automatically.  I don't get too upset or go diving down into the pit of negatively when I have to deal with a crisis or undesirable event. I keep my cool.  People I live with  would not call me a negative thinker...so why is my life teh way it is?

Prompters

Andersen talks about the buried beliefs many of us have stored inside us.  Beliefs we may only be partially aware of.  These beliefs are so ingrained in the fibers of our subconscious being that we tend to  become stronger and more insidious with every subsequent trauma. For many of us, it is these core beliefs , that are creating the circumstances we are experiencing.

My mother was right...I am not worthy.
I deserve to be punished ,not blessed.
Even if there was enough to go around, it is not right that I should take it.
I should just be glad that I have what I have, it is more than I deserve.
People can be bad and evil and will do whatever they can to hurt me.
I will never be enough or do enough.
People will always be mad at me
There is something really, really wrong with me.  I am not like other people.
I will not be accepted , let alone loved.
My needs are not important!
I am not important!

These are just some of the very toxic thoughts that many of us cling to without knowing that we are.  They hide crouching within waiting for evidence from the outside world to prove them true so they can pounce up into our reality as truth.  Though they originated possibly from things done to us...now they create the things we experience in our lives. They create our reality!

I am not saying this is absolutely true but part of it strongly believes it to be.  I want to get rid of this thinking so I can have the life...this voice beyond my demented ego tells me  we all deserve. I want to deal with the monsters in my closet.  Even if  a change in believing  doesn't manifest the perfect Life for us ...man it has got to bring a little ease, don't you think?

Something to think about all is well?


Andersen, Uell S.. Three Magic Words . BN Publishing. Kindle Edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment