Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Ordinary Weed

Note: This entry is not about marijauna!!! lol

Ordinary Weed

I caught a glimpse of an ordinary  weed blowing in the breeze,
yellow flowers stretching up with tender browning leaves.
I stared at it intensely  as if it was the most delightful thing
and the poplar branches noticed and began to sweetly  sing.
They sung of its true essence while I simply held my breath
and I felt the life within it though it was surely close to death.
It vibrated through the grass where my feet were planted still
and travelled up into my limbs emptying me of thought or will.
It seemed to become a part of me when it settled in my heart
vibrating with the hum of life, reminding  me I too was a part
of some great moving energy, an invisible ripple or a wave.
Like the weed, not long for this world, I am here to serve and save
by allowing this changeless essence that makes us who we are
to flow through my impermenent form; expanding out and far.

©Dale-Lyn ( Pen) September, 2020 

Sat out with my tea this morning.  I cannot even say it was a conscious decsion to go outside.  I just found myself walking out to the back yard and plopping down on an old beat up lawn chair that is there. I said okay...I will just practice some mindfulness while I am here. 

Not so easily done.

I had thoughts carrying me away from the moment, you know, the usual. I focused on breath and the thoughts came and pulled me away again.  I brought myself back to breath.  All great and good for awhile but off I went again on another thought train about how I was having a challenging time focusing on breath lol. 

Then something in me said it was okay...just notice what is, that it is as it is and be okay with it.  As that thought came to me, I turned my head and saw this big weed growing by the fire pit.  It was an ordinary weed that I would have passed over a thousand times but this time something drew me to it.  It obviously had weathered a dry season and looked like it was not long for this world.  I decided to focus on it instead of breath.  And for a while there were no thoughts... just it and the breeze in my awareness...It was lovely...Then suddenly, out of this space, the words came, "I caught a glimpse of a weed blowing in the breeze; yellow flowers stretching up with tender browning leaves." I knew then it was poem time lol.

So I got up and came here.  Voila!!! Judge as you see fit...or...do yourself a favour and judge not...just allow it to be whatever it is without a need to say it is good or bad.  :)

All is well in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment