Friday, November 1, 2019

No Religion

God has no religion.
-Mahatma Gandhi


I broke one of the biggest rules of social etiquette yesterday, didn't I?  I spoke about religion. Well that is okay, I suppose. Social etiquette doesn't mean much to me these days.  I just do not want to hurt or offend with my expressions. 

I can assure you that I am not propagating for one religion over the other...not judging or diminishing, even if I sometimes compare.  My goal of comparison is not to further differentiate but to actually unify and show the connecting principals of belief.

Too many wars, too much heartache and retaliation has taken place in our world over the "differences" in religion which often just equates to the differences we apply to words and concepts.  I just suggest that we see beyond the word to the "meaning", that's all.

I was raised Christian, Catholic, to be exact. It will always be a part of me.  I just do not define myself as a Christian.  Nor do I define myself as a Hindu, a Buddhist, a Jew or a Muslim.  I am not beating up on Christianity , nor am I beating up on any other religious system.  I just want to be open to all philosophy that lies at the heart of each religion.  In order to do that I have to be open in my approach.  I sincerely believe , at the core of each doctrine or dogma, is a unifying belief system we all share.  I simply try to get to the root of it.

I am much more a philosopher than I ever will be even remotely theologian like. I am not a threat lol. And besides I truly know so little about anything.  So don't take what I say to heart unless it triggers something in you...then explore it further from inside you.

I believe we all need to put away our judgments and biases...our sense of self-righteous differentiation which leads too often to alienation. We need to search for what connects us, not what makes us different and separate. Often that involves not being so attached to constructs based on  the "literal" meaning of things.  Words are just pointers, right? The truth they point to is in each of us.

Anyway, that is what I believe.  But, once again, what do I know?

All is well in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment