Monday, November 11, 2019

Dreams

Your vision will become clear only after you look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
Carl Jung (https://www.azquotes.com/author/7659-Carl_Jung/tag/dream)


I dreamt a poem last night as I often do. It was coming through me, told to me, forming so quickly I had no time to think about it. That is the way it usually is.  It is so beautiful when I experience that in a dream...I can't explain it.  I tell myself in that  dream...that I will remember it word for word when I get up but I don't lol.

It was about grapes on a vine. The vine wilts because it is time but it is all "fine".  Sounds awful when I put it like that lol.  But  it was so amazing in my dream...the way it came out...perfect rhythm and meter, profound almost in depth and meaning...but alas...I cannot remember it.  Sigh.

It is funny too... because I remember a lot about my dreams as bizarre as they may be.  I meet so many people I have never met before in waking life and see and talk to so many who have passed on...it is nice if not more than a bit weird.

The situations and places I encounter are usually so "different" than anything I would even imagine in my waking life.  That leads me to think dreams are very special and we as humans truly do not know what is going on in those hours of sleep, do we?  We know the stages of brain activity and the effects of sleep on the body by watching EEG tracings and the rapid movement of eyes but what about consciousness...what is happening with consciousness?   Dreams have  to be more than just a compilation of memory all mixed up and jumbled together as we solve some external world issues we were unable to work through in the day light hours.  Yeah... there is something very special about dreams.

I would like to look into that a little more.

All is well.


We have forgotten the age-old fact that God speaks chiefly through dreams and visions.
Carl Jung
https://www.azquotes.com/author/7659-Carl_Jung/tag/dream


No comments:

Post a Comment