Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Conversation With the Mind

Conversation With The Mind on Your Waking Up

The Mind:   I've been wondering where you were. You haven't stopped  in for a while. What's up?

You:  Oh not much...I've just  been lazy I guess.

The Mind:  You sure you are okay?  You seem a little different. Slower...doing less...more distant.    Maybe together we could find out what's going on  with you and fix it. I probably have what you need.

You:  No, no. Thanks, though.  I'm fine.  Actually, I am feeling better than I have in a while.

The Mind:  Really?  You are? Without me? That doesn't make sense.

You: ( chuckling)  I know eh?  It's kind of weird but I feel pretty good, a little lighter.

The Mind:   What?  How can that be without my input?  You know I am the one who figures things out for you. There is no way you could be feeling better on your own.  It certainly doesn't seem healthy to me.  Something has got to be wrong.

You: ( shrugging shoulders) Yeah maybe...but it doesn't feel wrong.

The Mind:  No...it's not right! How can you function without my fix of  thoughts and ideas?  How can you even see what is going on around you without me?  Something has to be wrong.  You are going to fall apart. Come on in and we can  talk about it, at least?

You: Naaaah !  I don't think so bud, but thanks. I would probably use what you got if I do and I don't think I need it.  I am actually seeing clear and feeling pretty good without it. I  don't want to screw that up, you know? To be honest,   I am starting to wonder if it was the stuff you have been giving me that was messing  me up.

The Mind:  What??? Of course not.  It's the same stuff I am giving to everyone and you don't hear them complaining, do ya?   Geesh Man...get a hold of yourself.

You:  Sorry, sorry...don't mean to offend.

The Mind: What the hell is wrong with you?  Come on man...we really need to figure this out.  There has to be an explanation for what is going on with you, something we both can understand.

You:  That's just it...I don't think there is.  I don't understand it and something tells me it is too deep for you to understand.

The Mind: Now that's a burn!  You know I devote all my time to understanding things.  I can make sense of everything!

You:  Not this I don't think...it is beyond you.

The Mind: Are you losing faith in me?  You used to come crying  and running to me with every bo-bo like I was your Gosh darn mother, for F*&^ sake. Now you are ignoring me, blaming me and insulting me by telling me I can't do my job.  WTF?

You: Sigh...It's not you, it's me. I am not the same person I was.

The Mind: OMG!  Are you breaking up with me on top of everything else????

You:  Relax!!! Just chill man...it's all good.  I am not breaking up with you.  I just think our relationship has to change , you know?  I just kind of want  to explore the world beyond you a bit more.  I  have an inkling there is some real cool stuff out there that  I need to experience for my growth.

The Mind:  What stuff??? What stuff could ever be better than what I can give you?   After all I have given you.  After all I have done.  I can't believe you are leaving me.

You: Take it easy.  I am not leaving you.  I am just going to take more time for myself away from you.  That's all. I couldn't leave for good, even if I wanted to. I need you.  I still value what we have...I always will. I just need a little more space.

The Mind:  Space?  What the h#$% is that? I don't understand it.  I don't understand any of this.  I need to figure out what is wrong with you and fix it!  I won't stop until I do.

You: (sighing deeply)  No I suppose you won't even if I assure you 100 times over that this stuff will never be understood by us in the way you like to understand things.  You are going to keep trying to figure things out.  You wouldn't be you if you didn't.  Okay Mind...you do what you have to do while I do what I have to do.  We will meet up in the middle whenever we can. ... okay?  It is all so very good.

The Mind: Good!!??? You are going to crash and burn, become an absolute nobody in that space of yours.  Just you watch and see.  And when you do... don't you daresay I didn't warn you!!

You: Maybe you are right about that but I need to find out.  Thanks Mind for everything.

The Mind: Humph !!

No comments:

Post a Comment