Sunday, November 10, 2019

Be Happy Anyway

The real question is whether you want to be happy regardless of what happens.  The purpose of your life is to enjoy and learn from your experiences.  You were not put on Earth to suffer.  You're not helping anyone by being miserable...You can be happy just to be alive.
Michael A, Singer ( the untethered soul, 2007, New Harbinger/ Noetic Books)

Life is short. It can be unpleasant. Heck...sometimes it can be down right miserable but that doesn't mean you have to be.  How you respond to life will determine how much you enjoy it, not what happens to you or around you.  Though I still see happy as an ego word and I don't particularly like it,  I often use it to describe that feeling we have when we are okay with everything the way it is. 

We have a choice .  We can look out at our lives and say "Oh this sucks!"...and complain, resist, fight, struggle against it, focus only on what is wrong with it as we dig and dig  our way to complete and utter misery.

Or we can look at it and say, "It is what it is."  I might as well make the best of it.  It is all good because really that is all it can be.  I am alive! I will enjoy the life I have while I am here and will learn whatever I can. "

We are not here to suffer and the only thing that causes suffering is choosing it over the "happiness" that comes with acceptance.

All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment