Tuesday, November 26, 2019

The Now That I'm Not Dying List....

Great men are they who  see that spiritual is stronger than any material force-that thought rules the world.
Ralph Waldo Emerson (https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/spiritual-quotes)

The List

I have created a list.  I call it "The Now that I'm Not Dying..." list. lol  It is like the counter poses we do in yoga to realign and create balance after an intense posture or stretch. I had twisted, bent and locked my mind into a mental version of Eka Pada Rajakapotasana (One Legged Pigeon) for four freaking days and I desperately needed to stretch it out in another direction. Thus my list...

On that list, I jotted down a number of the things I want from Life, fears I intend to confront and  reminders of the things I did as a child that made me giggle in delight. I took my attention away from the possibility of  loss, limitation, ending and put it back on  Life's potential and beginning again.

More about the Being

Though I have things on that list that involve physical doing...like perfect a toe loop/axle combination  on the ice without breaking a hip, and rock climb a half decent mountain without breaking my neck...I also added things like get to the top of the only pyramid that really matters...Maslow's hierarchy.  I want to be Self actualized.  I want true peace . I want to embark on a journey inward to discover the loss treasures of the Self.  These things really do not require doing.  They require being. (and a lot less risk to my 56 year old bones :))

Put Getting to Know the True Self at the Top

I truly, truly know now that nothing out there will fulfill me for long, if at all.  Nor will anything out there break me ( my bones maybe but not me.) The top of every bucket list ( and we should all have one regardless if we have a terminal  diagnosis or not...because we are all dying someday!!!) should be getting to know Self.  Without that compass pointing inward, you will only find yourself lost and unfulfilled no matter how many planes you jump out of or how many triple axels you nail.

Hmmm!  My little scare (and yes I was scared even though I wrote that I wasn't :)) has taught me that.  I wrote an article about breaking our life down into 24 hour increments and I wrote a chapter in my book about living as if you only have a month to live because I believe we need to make the most of the precious life we have.  It will not last forever. Yet I forgot what I was teaching...for a moment I forgot...but I am back on track now.

All is well.

http://www.globalharmonycrew.com/how-to-make-the-most-of-your-life-the-24-hour-life/

No comments:

Post a Comment