Thursday, September 26, 2019

The True Discovery

I don't know whether the universe, with its countless galaxies, stars and planets, has a deeper meaning or not, but at the very least, it is clear that we humans who live on earth face the task of making a happy life for ourselves.  Therefore, it is important to discover what will bring the greatest degree of happiness.
-Dalai Lama
(Note: the majority of quotes I use from the Dalai Lama, like this one, come from my Insight from the Dalai Lama desk top calendar, (2018) by Andrews McMeel Publishing, Kansas City)

Hmmm!  All these big universal questions we put out there that we want answered, things we may never know the answers to, obscure the one question we need to ponder: " What will bring about the greatest degree of happiness for myself and fellow humans?" Hmm!

I am not fond of the word happiness...simply my perception of it...it is just a word, I know.  I do prefer the descriptive equivalent to so called 'happiness': "joy, peace, love, fulfillment, wellness" etc .  So I ask what will bring us these things? I seek the answer to that question. 

I mean, I am still very interested in all the happenings "out there" but know my job is not  to answer the myriad of questions posed in regards to the outside world.  My job is to understand this world within me.  To do that, I do not need to walk on the moon...I need to step into my mind to determine what is going on in there:)

All is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment