Monday, September 16, 2019

Doing what we ought

Do what you ought and trust what may be.
Johann Wolfgang Van Goethe

So what is all this stuff about life purpose that others speak about?  Though being is more important than doing, we know we have to "do" something while we are here. What do we do to fill in our time and benefit the world at large?

I try to avoid labels to define me or my roles these days but if I had to, the two most authentic labels I could apply to myself are "writer" and "teacher".  I can use those descriptions in good conscious, certainly not based on talent or ability,  but because I think, feel and behave like a writer and teacher. 

My first thought when I experience anything is..."Oh I could write about that!" My second thought is, "I could teach people about what I am learning through this experience!" I am constantly putting my thoughts together in some logical, readable form. I am constantly teaching to learn and learning to teach.   

So when I combine those two roles into my life purpose what do I come up with?  A desire to teach through the written word.  That is why I am here writing on this blog right now.  That is why I also intend to take all I have written here and put it in some publishable form. (most of it is already copy right protected for that purpose)   Eventually, I will get it published and out there to those who may want it.  But I won't get too attached to outcomes.  I will let Life do the remaining work after I do my part. For now, I can only focus on doing "what I ought".

All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment