Thursday, September 19, 2019

Awareness is Wisdom

Awareness is wisdom.  They are one and the same.
-Eckhart Tolle


Oh my!  Ego did slip in yesterday.  As coy and as sneaky as it always is, it slithers under what seems to be "wisdom" to find its mark.  It vents a little anger, a little self righteousness and a little attack when one assumes they are being wise.  I used the terms "incompetence' and "absurdity" in yesterday's entry.  They are ego terms and this morning I feel bad about them.  Who am I to judge incompetence in another?  What good does describing a situation as "absurd" do for humanity?  I was simply venting anger and resentment because things did not turn out the way I (little "me") thought they should.  Outcome did not meet my expectation.

 It turned out exactly as it was meant to...and the "wise" part of me knew that during that evening crisis.  One of the reasons I did not push.  Ego, however, was not asleep throughout that encounter, only pretending to be.

Wow...it is good to be able to see it now though.  So , so much learning.  I am glad that learning excites me so. I obviously am not going to be bored for a while.  :)

If I wish to make a difference in this world from the wise Self...I need to be aware when ego is lingering about. I am learning. Wisdom is awareness.

People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness.  Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.
-Dalai Lama

No comments:

Post a Comment