Saturday, September 28, 2019

Kindling a Flame

Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel.
Socrates https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/275648.Socrates

I am not sure what to write about this morning...so many thoughts going through my mind but I realize that none of them are important. They are just thoughts, insignificant wisps of energy coming into my mind and going out of my mind.  Hmmm!

I am fascinated and excited by all that I am learning from scriptures, lectures and books...things that are resonating with me in "aha moments" of remembering something already known. All that is whirling around in my head too and I cannot tame it enough to put into words I can express here. 

But that is just it, isn't it?  It really wasn't meant to be put into words...it was meant to be experienced and lived. Words and concepts help...up to a point ...but they are only teaching tools that point and guide us to the "experiencing"...It is there ...in the experiencing and living this learning...where the true knowing takes place and only there.  Hmmm!

All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment