Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Letting Go

How gladly does the Holy spirit come to rescue us from hell, when we allow His teaching to persuade the world, through us, to seek and find the easy path to God.
-ACIM-W-296:2:3





 



Hmm! What is the easy path?  I think I may have discovered it. Letting go.

I realized last night as I left my physicians office, a physician who has been so kind to me and my loved ones, that it is definitely time to let go.  I have been fruitlessly seeking  a diagnosis and treatment over way too many years, a diagnosis that I assumed would change my life for the better, that would 'save' me. I now realize I will likely never get it and even if I did it would not save me.  Other validation is not what I need. 

I need something so much more, something 'healing' and life affirming.  The diagnosis, were it to come,  is just something the ego wants...something it can use to validate itself and my story. It will, however, never validate the truth of who I really am.  In fact, it may take me farther from it.

See...life does work out the way it is meant to even if we do not understand it in the beginning.  For so many years I cried out to the universe, to God..."Why are you making this so difficult for me?  You know I am telling the truth about this bodily  experience...why are you not allowing others to see it?"  I resisted and struggled against the reality that others were not able or willing to see it for whatever reason.

If others were to see this minor little truth in the beginning, I would not be where I am right now.  I would be lost beneath even more layers of ego. As soon as I gave up my seeking for and needing this validation...I felt lighter and freer than I have in so very long. Without it and with the struggle of 'enduring' I have come to realize that I am on the wrong path...that there is a much easier path to be on, one that leads to where I really want to be. I want to teach and persuade myself and the world how wonderfully harmonious it all is when we Let Go and Let God.

All is well in my world!

No comments:

Post a Comment