Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others.
-Jonathon Swift (https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/seeing)


The vision started to go on me again today.  The squiggly lines appeared and I thought crap...those big dark patches would soon be coming to take away parts of my visual field. 

I often get what has been called ocular migraines without headache. Minor and benign but what a nuisance.  I hate seeing worse than I see now even if it is only for less than an hour at a time.   The first few times it happened it really freaked me out but though I still don't like them...I have finally  learned to  just buckle down and prepare for the attacks, grateful for the warning that comes  with the squiggly lines.  Whatever they are...there is learning in them.  

I mean, I am not "sure" they are ocular migraines. It was just a "guess" from my optometrist that these attacks were actually ocular migraines.   That diagnosis makes sense to me, though.   I can even see the 'pathophysiological' cause of them: microspasms in the optic vessels.  Microspasms, I believe are the cause of my chest pain as well...and the cause of my cold hands and the Raynauds.  It all makes sense to me if not to any one else. "Stress" often brings them on like it does the chest pain...and I have been 'feeling' stressed over teh last few days in reaction to my life events.

Anyway... the spasms are something I anticipate as soon as the squiggly lines appear in my optic field. I prepare for losing my vision. I begin to depend on my other senses and an even deeper mechanism for seeing. That's what I did today and that is the point of my rambling

I sink deeper into a certain level of learning every time I experience them or any other alterations in my physical senses. I am reminded again and again there is another deeper sense of perceiving that goes beyond the body's five limited senses.  What this special mechanism of sight  sees goes way beyond what our eyes see.

In fact,   our eyes are only what ACIM refers to as a mechanism of illusion...they deceive us by allowing us to see a world that isn't real. Our eyes point us away from reality but we do not need squiggly lines to remember how fleeting and limited our senses are, how physical world dependent  they are,  or how unreal so many things in this world are.

We can tap into this other form of sight.   to see what is real. We can redirect our vision.  As sight was made to lead away from truth, it can be redirected. (ACIM-W-3What is the world?:4:1) I waited for my sight to be redirected when I first noticed the squiggly lines.  As it happened so today.. the patches didn't come.  :) I didn't have to lose my sight to remember what sight is.  :)

It is all good!  All is well in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment