Sunday, August 26, 2018

See the Light flowing through you! (A little Wisdom from Genevieve Behrend)


Quietly contemplate the Divine Spirit as a continual flowing of Life, Light, Intelligence, Love and Power, and you will find this current flowing through you and manifesting in a hundred ways, both mentally and physically, in your affairs. (Behrend, Attaining Your Desires Pg 37)
 
Think of  Light
Hmm!  I find that when I am a bit down, as I admittedly have been, thinking about God's Light flowing through me, allowing me to  create better circumstances for myself and others certainly brings me up  quickly! I am not sure if that idea is appeasing ego more than spirit but it works lol!  And since it is all about 'feeling better' I will do as suggested by this early 20th century philosopher who helped to introduce this idea of 'manifesting' way before The Secret was even a seed in Rhonda Byrnes's mind.  I will think of God's Light in me. 
Seeing God in a new way
That changes my preconceived and conditioned ways of looking at God.  I , like many of you, was brought up to see God in a 'physical form', typically as an old father figure with a long white beard and  a fiery temper. He was someone to worship, obey and fear from a great distance away. 
Seeing Him as something without physical form (or gender) but as a continual flowing of Life, Light, Intelligence, Love and Power..." took some time.  It is, however, an understanding that sits much better in my mind and more importantly  in my  heart.  When I contemplate this I feel so much peace and connection to my Source. Not only that...I come to realize that that current of Divine 'energy' is flowing through me as it flows through all of God's creations.
Being Worthy
Now I was brought up Catholic where everything was considered a "mortal sin".  In fact, I remember even as a child hearing or judging my friends or siblings for saying the Lord's name in vain with this too often heard mantra like condemnation, "You have a mortal Sin on Your Soul! You know where you will be going...." Imagine if I were to tell my catechism friends back then, "I have God inside me!" Months in the confessional and years saying the rosary...would not wipe me clean in their eyes.
To say God was close to me was blasphemous enough...to say He was inside me  ...well ...I can almost feel the holy water being poured on me from buckets.
You see, I was brought up to believe I was not worthy of God's proximity.  Then how the heck was I suppose to believe I was worthy of His Love or any of His gifts.  The goal of my religious upbringing was not to reap God's rewards.  It  was to avoid getting  hit over the head with that big staff He carried or  being dropped into the furnace where the "other guy" ruled. 
Fear of punishment and further banishment made me " a good Christian." It had little to do  with a sense of worthiness for His Love or Grace.  Fear prevented me from seeing just how close God was.
Now, as I put away some of my conditioned beliefs and begin to 'see' differently I begin to realize..."...I must be worthy.  You created me, and know me as I am." ACIM-W-238-1:1-2.
The Light Within
God's Light is in me.  God's Intelligence, Love and Power are flowing through me.  This Light, Intelligence, Love and Power are flowing through all of us. I am, you are... just an expression of That.   Now if this is like an electrical current flowing from the Power Source to the "object" found in this physical world...It creates miraculous results. This Light can go from me to others lighting up the world. " Today I will accept the truth about myself. I will arise in glory, and allow the light in me to shine upon the world throughout the day." ACIM-W-237:1:1-2. We can create better circumstances for our selves and for others, for the world at large.
Being the Pipe
The connection is this: that the Spirit, as it flows through you, becomes you and it becomes in you just what you take it for, just as water takes the shape of the pipe it flows through. It takes shape from your thought. It is exceedingly sensitive —how much more, then, must the pure Life Principle itself be sensitive? Think over this. Think it over and then think. Think of it kindly, lovingly, trustfully, and as a welcome companion. It will respond exactly. Think of it as a Living Light, continually flowing through and vivifying you, and it will respond exactly….Behrend, pg 38
We as creations are expressions of the Divine Energy.  This formless, shapeless energy as it flows through us takes the shape of us. Our bodies and our minds are the pipes, God's energy is the water. The pipe, however, is not important ...it is the water within the pipe that gives Life; that nourishes, that allows things to grow abundantly. We are vehicles for that energy.
So as long as we stay open, keep our thoughts pure and clean so they do not clog the pipe we can allow  the power to come through for things to grow abundantly around us. ...by allowing God to do what God does...Create.
God creates through us...God provides what we ask for, wanting nothing more than our happiness and our expansion. 
How to Make this work For us?
Know that God is Love and therefore so are we, think positively on that, trust that God wants what is best for us, know that our desires will be provided for and they will be!
 If we fill our minds with negativity, fear, and scarcity, however, this is what we will create. The energy will take the shape of that pipe. The energy takes shape from our thoughts.  This is the Life principle...Genevieve Behrend speaks of. ...that the sages through the ages speak of. 
Our minds create our reality. Keep them open and free and we will be free to create the world we want.  This is manifesting.
I don't know about you...but thinking on that makes me feel a whole lot better. This energy of God is a Living Light flowing through and giving Life!  How cool is that?



References

ACIM

Behrend, Genevieve. Attaining Your Desires: With Linked Table of Contents . Dancing Unicorn Books. Kindle Edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment