Friday, December 1, 2023

Inspired?

 

When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all your thoughts break their bonds. Your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction, and you find yourself in a new, great, and wonderful world. 

Patanjali

In the below linked podcast, Michael Singer addressed the idea of inspiration and love being something innate within us as opposed to being something we find out there. 

Inspiration is this flow of spirit, this flow of shakti that rushes up inside of you and you cant do anything but do as it pulls you to do. Spontaneous being...can't be controlled. (somewhat paraphrased)

So, this wonderful feeling of inspiration is already in us.  We can, in fact, be inspired every single moment by every single thing.  

Then why aren't we?  Why are so many of us searching desperately out there for things or other beings that we assume will fill us with inspiration and love?  Singer tells us, that we are so busy staring at the mess our psyches have made, we have come to believe we are them , that we are nothing more than the sum of our learned experiences. We have therefore come to believe that inspiration and love are conditional, based on what happens "out there."

We are not our psyches.  We are the Observer of these psyches.  Just as the light that shines on a broken object is not broken, either are we.   We are just so busy  staring at  broken mess that  needs to be fixed, we cannot see who we really are. We do not tap into this natural flow of inspiration, love, peace and bliss that is flowing within us.   If we could stop staring at what is broken, fall back into the spaciousness of who we are, then we would be truly inspired. 

Inspiration is unconditional.  It is something we are, not something we find. 

I come here everyday pulled by this flow of inspiration inside me.  I really couldn't stop it if I wanted to.  I can see that readers are down again, next to zero and still I come.  I am inspired to help in some way and though coming here makes no sense whatsoever to my rational mind, here I am. I can't wait for conditions to change, for there to be  a great number of readers or for the conditions out there to match what my psyche wants.  Inspiration sees all that as totally insignificant. So, I come here and do what I do. My thoughts are unblocking, my mind is transcending limitations, my consciousness is expanding, and the world , I see from here, is an amazing and wonderful place.  I want to share what I see to whomever, whenever. Hmm! 

All is well in my world.

Michael A. Singer/ Temple of the Universe ( November 30, 2023) Inspiration: Being It Vs Finding It.https://tou.org/talks/


No comments:

Post a Comment