Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Mirror, Mirror

 Mirror, Mirror on the wall,

I am the saddest of them all.

Show me, please, what I must see

to make the world what it needs to be, 

so all the sad things fade away

and the world inside me is okay. 


Mirror, Mirror on the wall

I am the neediest of them all.

Show me, please,  what I must do

to make all those things out there come true.

What should I grasp for or push away?

What  should I do, think or say?

What minute details should I create

to build  in me a peaceful state? 


Oh Mirror, Mirror on the wall

I am the loneliest of them all.

Show me, please,  who will fix my heart

and love me wholly from the start,

filling in each fissure, crack and hole

by taking responsibility for my soul.


Oh Mirror, Mirror on the wall,

I am the most frightened of them all.

Show me, please, where safety lay 

so I can go there to hide away.

Show me when  to close my eyes

and turn away from each surprise.

Protect me with some loving arms

or at least sound your loud alarms

so I can run when danger comes 

to a place that soothes, distracts and numbs.


Oh Mirror, Mirror on the Wall 

Please? You are nothing real at all,

just a reflection of a broken mind. 

The more I look, the more I'm blind.

I close my eyes and walk away

You give me lies ; I will not stay.


Dale-Lyn, January 2023


I can't believe I am putting that up.  The remains of Ego are saying, "Nooooooooo! Don't do it!" , lol  And that is exactly why I must do it! 

Anyway...check the links on the previous entry to see why I was inspired to sit here why this came out of me. 

All is well!



No comments:

Post a Comment