Sunday, January 8, 2023

Dreams and the Brilliant Mind

 The dream is like a hidden door in the innermost and most secret recesses of the soul, opening into the cosmic night which was  psyche long before there was any ego-consciousness, and which will remain psyche no matter how far our ego-consciousness extends. Dreams are the facts from which we must proceed. 

Carl Jung


Speaking of dreams, I slept in again dreaming about work related situations lol.  I need to get back on track.  Tomorrow my so called work week (part time)  begins again after the holidays and I will awaken for that.  I was hoping to establish an earlier beginning to my day with meditation and writing.  Maybe awaken at 5 or 530. I want to prioritize those moments I spend in stillness and quiet....and those moments I spend studying, listening to, writing about what is really important. I do want to "serve" in any way I can and this little job helps me to do that in some way...I would like to find a way to incorporate or maximize that service to those who really need whatever I, as this form and mind, has to offer while this idea of "me" gets smaller and smaller. It is such a challenge...to let "me" diminish though.  It is still clinging and too often in the way of the service I want to provide. Anyway, it all starts with awareness and mindfulness.  I can do that lol. 

Anyway...back to what is really important.

Dreams!!!

How much attention do you pay to your dreams?

I have always been fascinated with dreams.  I am a bit of a Jungian and interested in exploring the shadow selves that emerge in our dream states.  I try to record my dreams and to decipher the symbology within them. I have also learned over the years to lucid dream and for the most part can interject "some" control in my dream state if not complete control. Instead of running from the fear, I have learned to turn and face that which is scary knowing that there is some learning in those eerie shadows.  I call whatever is lurking in the dark corners to step into  my awareness.  Seldom do those shadows emerge... though I do feel more powerful for being willing to face them.  What often happens is some less threatening and  bizzare creatures emerge  and unusual events transpire instead. Weird!! Some healing, however,  takes place in those dreams that I have yet to understand.

I understand now that there are samskaras buried within us all that are too traumatic for the mind to bring , as of yet, to our conscious awareness.  So dreams are wreaked in symbolism that doesn't make complete sense to our limited minds.  Through all that symbolism, our minds are gently healing our wounds in our dream states. Through those symbols and strange events,  we are slowly and gently releasing what needs to be released. Even if it doesn't make sense. 

Wow!

Your mind is doing you a favor.  Your brilliant mind did that in an attempt to stay healthy and release at least some of the pent-up energy. That is what the symbology of dreams is about.  It's truly amazing how brilliant your mind is when left to its own resourcefulness.  Just as your body is always trying to heal itself, so your mind is always trying to release impurities that are stuck in there. 

Michael A. Singer, living untethered, page 93 (New Harbinger/Sounds True, 2022)

No comments:

Post a Comment