Thursday, November 3, 2022

Clean Up Your Own Mess!

 If it is disturbed inside then events that unfold outside and come in to you  are going to stir up the disturbance. That is most people's entire life: trying to figure out what they need or want outside and what they don't want and don't need outside and then trying  to figure out how to make it be that way. And we end up going to war with reality. Fighting with the outside so you can live with yourself inside.  

There is an alternative Life...it is so simple it is ridiculous...and very , very few people actually walk it....which is, "I live in here.  I should straighten it up....I should fix what is wrong inside of me. " 

Michael Singer

Do you want to be one of the few that walk the path of the alternative life Michael Singer speaks of in his podcast, Taking care of the inner environment? Or do you want to continue fighting with the outside world, grasping, clinging, pushing away, running from and stuffing down? Let's face it, what most of us are doing now to get by, is not working.  We are not happy and peaceful- we are anxious, depressed, stressed more than it is intended we be. 

We live inside these bodies and minds and it is up to us to keep our insides clean.

It got really messy recently, inside of my head.  I was stressed and blaming other people and life for my "inside disturbance". I was so busy asking, "What do I have to change  'out there', what do I have to fix, gain, throw away, 'out there' to make me feel better 'in here?, that I never took any responsibility for cleaning up the mess in me. And I couldn't fix, or clean, or get people to change the way I thought they needed to in order for me to feel better inside. I tried but it was fruitless and exhausting.  So my stress level just increased and increased and increased. I was about to make major life changes, hurt others, in  a desperate hope that it would make me feel good inside. All the while, the wise part of my mind that was developing from years of practice, was saying..."that is not going to make you feel better...you feel good inside and it won't matter what is happening around you on the outside.  Remember...Life is an internal game! Clean up your own mess!" 

My useless outside projection screeched to a stop...and I found myself, "Wow!  I got a lot of work to do...but I want to make cleaning out my insides my priority."

So I am back at it.

All is well.

Michael Singer/Sounds True ( April 23, 2022) Michael Singer Podcast: Taking Care of Your Inner Environment. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teP3TS9fHNk

No comments:

Post a Comment