Saturday, November 26, 2022

Another Thing You See

 You in there who "sees" did not change; what you were looking at changed. Your body is just another thing you see. The question remains: Who is in there doing the seeing? 

Michael A Singer, living untethered, page 5 ( New Harbinger/ Sounds True, 2022)

A lovely late November sun is shining in on me.  There remains a light dusting of snow and ice over the landscape and the sky is  on the verge of more, it seems. I love that light that is escaping through the dark clouds!! I feel content in this house, in desperate need of a good cleaning, as I sit here, in my Pj's,  with my tea and my words. Sigh! 

Seeing the Body

I am aware of my body, watching it as if from a distance. It  is still talking to me a lot throughout the day. The pain in the upper left side has returned...man, I cannot help but believe it is splenic despite what tests show and others say. I am falling asleep everywhere and the palpitations are still making themselves known as I adjust to this new adventure that requires a level of physicality I have yet to get used to ( stairs!!) That big blob in my left visual field keeps coming and going...so annoying, even if I know it is benign. Still have the cramping in the left lower quadrant...Yeah my body is noisy and demanding I pay attention to it. And it is all good.  I see my body and I ask "Who is in there doing the seeing?" 

More and more I see how I am not this body, that it is simply a part of my experience here. Less and less, it is the self righteous, scared "little me" doing the watching. It is the  It is the Deeper I that watches and with that there is an acceptance in me right now that is so beautiful. When I look back at my experiences this week I see how much I truly am growing away from the "me-ness" of things.  I am naturally letting go of anxieties and worries and worldly concerns as I open up more and more to what is.  I see how it truly isn't about "me"! And how much " me" can get in the way. I am letting go of me. Sigh! 

It is all so good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment