Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Surrendering Resistance To What Is

 

Yesterday I was clever because I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise because I want to change myself. 

Rumi


It was not my intention to sit here and summarize something I listened to today. I prefer to allow such learning to assimilate within me and just flow out in any way it so seems to need to...but I got distracted today by the three ring circus lol, and got pulled away from the shakti-inspired flow.  So when I sit to write...I just have my notes to go by.

So I will summarize and paraphrase what I heard today upon listening to Michael Singer in, Living a Life of Surender and Are you in there? Michael Singer on Insights at the Edge. 

So what I learned first and foremost is that surrender is our spiritual journey.  It doesn't mean hat we give up and give in, doing nothing to make our lives or the lives of others better.  It simply means that we surrender to what is.  We surrender our resistance and reactivity to what Life offers in every given moment. We accept, respect and honour what enfolds in front of us.  We allow it in to our conscious experience  without resistance.  We feel whatever emotional vibration that comes with it as it comes into our awareness.  This is the highest thing we can do to help the world and others...allow all to be what it is... allow the experience  in. 



Most of us have spent our lives collecting bad experiences ( also collecting good experiences that we are constantly trying to recapture "out there") . These experiences form knots or blockages, called Samskaras,  in us that prevent the natural flow of Shakti from coming up as it is meant to do. We do not feel the full, vibrant experience of Life because the Shakti is blocked.  And also because we are so busy distracting ourselves with what Singer calls " the three-ring circus": our sensory perceptions of the outside world, our thoughts and our emotions. 

We resist what it is.  We resist the negative or painful experiences of Life and we have a deep desire to resist what is unfolding inside us. Most of us operate from "lower heart"...which is our very human "conditional" heart. This heart will stay open as long as our samskaras are not aggravated and close when they get triggered. We can change that by using positive thinking, a mantra or witness consciousness when these samskaras get aggravated or triggered by what we are experiencing. We can learn to operate from the higher heart that remains open and at peace regardless of what is happening to us or around us. 

Anyway...the big thing is to do what we can to not resist and close our hearts to reality. We can  instead learn to  surrender to it so samskaras can be released and Shakti can flow through us.

All is well.

Surrender is very, very subtle and very, very powerful...It is the entire spiritual journey.

Michael Singer

Michael A, Singer / Sounds True ( ) Living a Life of Surrender. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCoa-90Teuk

Michael A. Singer/ Sounds True ( ) Are You in There? Michael Singer on Insights At The Edge. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpbVOWzCO8A

No comments:

Post a Comment