Saturday, September 10, 2022

Approaching Change With Curiosity

By replacing the fear of the unknown with curiosity we open ourselves up to an infinite stream of possibility. We can let fear rule our lives or we can become childlike with curiosity, pushing our boundaries, leaping out of our comfort zones, and accepting what life puts before us. 

Alan Watts



Just a quick post for now. In the process of preparing for a major life change .  Will be busy helping others get ready to leave as I continue to can pears...(man...so many pears lol). I realize that the canning, though something I literally enjoyed "the fruits of" lol,  was a distracting activity that numbed me from the feelings of uncertainty arising because of this major life change.  These individuals embarking on their new venture are not the only ones leaving the comfort zone. I am stepping into the "unpredictable unknown" in so many avenues of my life tomorrow. I have no idea what will unfold in front of me after that...well maybe "an idea" but no expectations.  I am hoping I can watch it all unfold like an audience member being entertained by a great performer...or as a serene nature lover watching autumn leaves float by on a stream.  I am more curious than fearful.  What will happen to this "me" financially, relationship wise, emotionally and spiritually after tomorrow? I will just have to wait and see, I guess.  I am hoping we can all find some peace, at least, in whatever unfolds. 

All is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment