Saturday, September 3, 2022

Ailing Soul; Ailing Body

 The soul suffers when the body is diseased or traumatized, while the body suffers when the soul is ailing.

Aristotle

My soul is ailing.

I feel pain in my body and it says so much. My body, my container,  that has been storing all this corrosive junk inside me...that has been so busy using the mind, its master switch, to squeeze those hoses tightly to prevent more "bad" from coming in,  therefore inadvertently  limiting the  infusion of joy into my experience over the course of my life, over the last few years, especially the last few months...resulting in a mere dribbling of what I am able to give...is breaking down.  I know that. 

In my awareness, I am merely witnessing it...no longer feeling the need to call out to the mechanics to come and fix it.  I put myself in shut down mode and I am simply observing what is...wondering if  this container is repairable or if it is approaching its expiration date. Is it time for a replacement? There is no fear...just a questioning.

Hmm! I am just observing.  I am not clinging or grasping or resisting any longer. I am just noticing and allowing. In this "shut down" I know a lot of toxic sludge is rising from the bottom and coming up making the experience of Life I am perceiving and offering a little more  contaminated, darker and heavier than I want it to be...but the sludge has to come out. It is the soul's wish. Whether there is any hope for restoring this container or not...I want it to be clean and spacious inside. The residue has to be flushed out so I can experience that spaciousness of what I really am. 

All is well

No comments:

Post a Comment