Monday, July 25, 2022

 I am back! Meant to return yesterday but birthday celebrations and a bit of chaos made that challenging. I am writing on a new laptop, a gift from D., one of those material world things I secretly longed for, only because my old computer with Windows 7 kept crashing. I was so afraid that one day all my writing (four plus books, hundreds of poems, short stories, personal essays, and what not) would disappear into a black cloud. So here I am.  I accepted this gift with great joy even though I knew it was a mortgage payment. If I end up on the street at least I will still be able to write! Isn't that crazy?  That is how my mind works. Being able to write comes before almost everything in my life. ( Of course, I am exaggerating when I say I might be on the streets...I might end up technically homeless...but I have a big family and they wouldn't leave me destitute. Another indication of how lucky I am compared to many.) I am saying "I" and "me" instead of "we" because I know D. will be okay.  He has a place where he and his son can go to if I let go of this house until the situation turns around ( and it will turn around). So it is not that bad.  I am hoping I did not make it sound more dire than it is while in "victim" mind frame. Hey...I got a laptop now ...a way to write where ever I end up...that somehow takes me out of victim status and gives me hope. Weird, I know!

Man...am I rambling!  I feel like a junior high school kid getting to talk to  her best friend again after a couple of months of vacation. Silly!  

Anyway, I have a plan for this so it is not so all consuming, taking me away from my other writing and my life.  I am going to "study": listen to wise teachers, read great texts, take notes etc on one day, than I will share what I learned on the next...alternating back and forth.  So you will only read me every second day. 

So while away I have studied, collecting over 20 pages of notes that I somehow have to summarize and share here today or tomorrow.  

All is well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment