Thursday, December 30, 2021

New Learning/Teaching Exercise Intention

 

Words transform. Speak only with a good purpose. Say only things that serve you and others. Choose your words wisely.

Robert Allen

I am going to begin something new.  I am going to attempt to answer a very challenging "spiritual" or "persona;l" question ( they are one and the same, I suppose) in a ten minute time frame, maybe once or twice a week. I gathered a series of questions from others and I have also come up with some deep questions of my own.  I put all these questions in an envelope and I will, on video, pull one question out and answer it ...impromptu style...in a ten minute time frame.  

I remembered this exercise from my Toast Master days.  Back then we were given a minute and a half, I believe, to answer a question or to speak about something without preparation.  It was a pretty intense exercise but very helpful in building thinking and speaking off the cuff skills. 

Why do I want to do it here?

 I guess, I want to build on my ability to tap into the wise part of me ( that part  we all possess within us) that lays beyond the ego.  I want to learn to speak, teach and advance my learning from there.  I have learned so much over the last few years in regards to my awakening and I want to share it....without ego getting in the way.  I figure what comes off the cuff...is how I authentically assimilated that learning.  So being aware of it will help me to gauge and measure my learning, as well as possibly helping others.  

I cannot stress enough that I am no expert, no spiritual guru or teacher even.  I am just learning.  I just happen to believe that we learn through teaching, and we teach as we learn. Whatever answers I may give during this exercise must be taken with a grain of salt.  Just listen and look within yourself as you do... see how the answer feels for you...if it resonates a certain truth you are already aware of...investigate further with other resources and with the "experts".  K? 

These answers will be far from perfect.  Being that I have set my camera to shut off after ten minutes, they may end abruptly. I just want whatever comes through to be authentic and real. 

All is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment