Thursday, December 2, 2021

Gut Brewing

 Never apologize for trusting your intuition-your brain can play tricks, your heart can blind, but your gut is always right. 

Rachel Wolchin

Have you ever had an experience like this ? :

My gut is very, very activated right now...so much so it is uncomfortable.  Something is happening around me and I am not sure exactly  what it is.  I have had this feeling before and I can very quickly build some story around it...something or someone to blame for it.  Hmm!  Don't want to get lost in a story. Regardless of why or whom, I am just trying to sit with the feeling and not run from it. It  is so very intense and so very uncomfortable. My habit mind wants to pull me from the feeling into intellectualization or some form of avoidance.This gut brewing  is also very powerful, so, there really is no denying its presence and its urgent calls for me to pay attention.  Pay attention to what??? I don't know. I just have to sit with this. 

 Man, If I don't have a peptic ulcer by now ...I am certainly going to have one soon enough. 

All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment