Wednesday, December 8, 2021

My Sister's Soul

 

Earth is a place where souls come to evolve.

Michael Singer

Wow!  It is easy to get distracted...to be taken away from the present moment and into thought or activity. I sat down here hours ago with the intention of writing down a tribute to my sister because today is the 16th anniversary of her death...and I got carried away by reviewing some videos of mine that others have viewed. I had people come in to talk to me. I received emails I felt I  had to answer.  I had people coming to the door with parcels.  I had pets wanting attention or treats and this strong connection with my sister just went out of my awareness.  Out of my awareness but not gone.

So much of our Life we spend out of awareness...not truly experiencing what is right in front of.

As I was thinking of her today I came across a wonderful podcast from Michael Singer entitled, Giving Meaning to the Time Between Your Birth and Death. It seemed appropriate or reflecting on a person's life.

My sister loved Life.  She was a person who was in awe of almost every moment that unfolded in front of her. She had this fantastic laugh that made everything come alive inside you just by hearing it and she laughed often.  Even in the hard times, she always found something to laugh about. She had a tough life and it scarred her deeply but at the same time, the part of her that was beyond scarring, always shone through, you know? Even though she couldn't always see it. She did see the beauty and learning in everything, though.  She had this connection with the ethereal...this understanding of that which could not be seen.She was so much a part of it.  She would have been aligned with Michael Singer's teaching in the below video.   

My sister wasn't perfect but she was lovely, absolutely lovely! 

Hmmm! 

 I wrote this months after she died: 

Sometimes

Sometimes,

I feel you here

quietly sitting in a corner

leaning slightly into

elbows propped up on knees.

You do not speak,

do not pass on your funny  stories

or your wisdom.

You don’t blow smoke rings

from  your MacDonald’s cigarette

over steamy cups of King Cole tea.

You don’t pull disobedient strands of long dark hair

behind your ears

the way you used to.

 

Sometimes,

I sense you around me.

Hear an echo of your laughter

rumbling between these walls of solitude,

reaching way inside my heart

pulling out smiles

from places I thought were closed.

Faint traces of your perfume will

sometimes

override the odor of the morning’s bacon

that lingers on my drapes

and I will think of you.

You become a warm feeling … then

in the center of my chest.

That spark that once stirred in your cat green eyes

 will settle upon me

making the hairs on my arms dance in delight.

 

Sometimes,

I feel your sisterly arm around my shoulder.

Everything I didn’t say or didn’t do

is forgotten .

I feel peace

as your forgiveness wraps itself

around me in the rays of light

shining in from the  kitchen window. 

I feel your love and I know. 

I know… it is all going to be O.K.


© Dale-Lyn; March, 2005


All is okay!

Michael Singer/Sounds True (July, 2021) Michael Singer Podcast: Giving Meaning To The Time Between Your Birth and Death https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgNZs6_GmQs

No comments:

Post a Comment