Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Feeling Peaceful

 

If you want to be a voice for peace in the world, begin by making peace a permanent condition in your own life. 

Wayne Dyer



(This is what I am seeing as I look out my window...minus my old girl.  She is still around, just not in form.) 

It is beautiful outside my window right now...a perfect winter scene on the first full day of winter. (Winter solstice was yesterday at noon).  It is just lovely.  I am full of peace right now...tapping into that peace that is always there but that I somehow too often feel disconnected from.  Why am I feeling peace now? 

  • Feeling a bit of relief.  I did get my booster yesterday and as with the second vaccine my immune reaction to it was a little intense. ( I attribute that to stress , more so than I would the vaccine or there being something wrong with my immune system.  I have been stressed and exhausted for months and months now...held together by the magical threads of yoga and meditation and by the  practice that I weave through my day...but stressed just the same.  When I have this intense immune response , I realize, once again the effect of prolonged stress on the human body.  I use it as a bell to bring me to my senses...time to relax and slow down. All good. I took  a couple of Tylenol to break the fever and I feel much better now.
  • A Yoga Nidra Practice.  Wow!  I forgot how wonderful it is to relax deeply like that.  They say a 30 minute Yoga Nidra practice is equivalent to four hours of sleep.  I got up very refreshed from that session.
  • This sense that I don't have to go anywhere or do anything today...because of how I physically feel and because  of the weather I put aside any pressure to do. ..to get there in that busy, chaotic energy of a commercialized Christmas.  I may wrap and finish some knitting but that's all I will be doing in the Christmas department. 
  • A nice dharma talk I listened to that helped me to realize that I am really understanding this stuff and making it a part of my writing, teaching, daily life. 
  • Gratitude...just feel grateful for what I have right here, right now.  Gratitude is a sure ticket to peace.
  • Mostly, I am feeling peace  right now, becasue I choose to. I choose to let go of the unwholesome tendency to push away and I accept and allow what is. 
Anyway...it is all good!

All is well in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment