Friday, April 27, 2018

Relief and Hope

There will always be a spiritual light that beckons to us, giving us the hope of rescue and relief.
-L. Whitney Clayton

Some wonderful news showed up in my life recently.  The mass on my sister's brain that the neurologists were so concerned about is benign.  My loved ones are doing better in their struggles with thought and emotion.  I feel relieved.  Relief is such a powerful emotion. 

I also had some hope offered to me in regards to my financial situation which somehow lifted a bit of the heaviness away. We are in the process of slowly preparing the house for sale which is so much more easy to mentally digest than the idea of losing the house does. That too gives me hope. New sunny colours and more light inside and outside  my home adds to that hope.








Relief and Hope

So relief and hope are emotions I am feeling.  One puts me in the now of my existence, the other in the future.  Hmmm!  Can you figure which one is which?

I like relief because it allows me to settle into my present situation.  I feel lighter in thought and energy so I can relax into the moment.  As resistance peels away I feel comfortable in my skin.  It is a nice feeling.

Hope also lightens and allows me to feel good.  It, however, takes me from my present moment rather than towards it.  Hope is future oriented.  I feel better about something that may or may not happen in the future. The light is something I am looking toward...not necessarily basking in now. Still it feels good.  I would much rather be experiencing hope than despair.


Anyway it is all good.  I know that to be true because ego is throwing a tantrum, trying to bring me down and away from these emotions.  It is throwing thoughts in my head like, "Yeah great! But what are you going to now?  How are you going to wait until November or later?  And really though...if you now have nothing outside yourself to worry about, that means you have to deal with you...and all the mess you got going on inside that head of yours? etc etc" Let's face it...  ego wants me feeling bad.

Ego doesn't like relief, hope or anything that takes me closer to peace and Love.  It wants me down where it can control me. So in its little mind nest it flings things around that make stillness and quiet challenging.  It will not let me settle into relief and hope.

It's all good...I can see what it is doing so it cannot do much harm.


All is well in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment