Thursday, April 12, 2018

It is the movement of thought that is the momentum behind the search for more.
Eckhart Tolle

Hmm!  I am thinking a lot about thinking and problems lately.  I seem to be very, very aware that I "think too much".  In fact, I am often lost in thought about how I think too much lol. When I catch myself going off on a thinking tangent I use the words of Eckhart Tolle (and others) to bring me back down to reality.  :)  It often works.

When we catch ourselves doing excessively to keep up with something, to gain more of something so that we can have the idea that we are more of something...complicated, isn't...I believe we need to stop...sit and figure out where we are.  We need to get our bearings. We will realize, if we truly want to know where we are, that we are searching for something we will never find out there.  What we are doing with all this thinking and doing is trying to escape the present moment where all we really need exists.  Our search for more is merely an escape from "isness" as Tolle often calls it. We are running from the very thing we truly want, "presence in the present moment". Peace.

Huh? 

Where does peace exist , crazy lady?   All I have are worries and big stars from to-do lists pounding away in my head? My moment is full of head noise, busy work, worry, anxiety, stress...and I am being told by a very persistent little fellow who knows the highways up there in my head...that I will only feel better, be happy, be all that I am supposed to be if I find that "more".  Where am I supposed to find the present moment and experience peace  in all that crap?

It's there. 

Peace  is quietly waiting for you beneath your search for more, beneath your busy work and beneath your misdirected movement of thought.  The present moment exists in the stillness and the quiet...the spaciousness of this now.  It is not in your doing or in your head.  It is in your very being. No where else.  Your present moment, however, does not bring you the "more" you seek...it brings you "less".  And in that less is everything you need and are?

Okay crazy lady, you really got to get off the mushrooms!

( I don't like mushrooms and prefer sobriety in all things lol...just in case you are wondering)

The Search for More is Futile and Problematic

I believe, our search for more is absolutely futile.  Ego will drive us from one thought to the next, one goal to the next, one activity to the next but it won't take us to that "more" that we  are searching for. It can't because there is no such thing as "more". How can you add more to something that is already complete?  How can you add more to "all that is?" How can you find what was never lost?

The search for more creates the problems in your life.  The thinking is what is filling you with worry, anx, fear and sadness. You are putting so much of your energy in ego's gimmick to get something it can never give you.  Ego keeps you in those thoughts of scarcity, illness, danger, grievance because you can never seem to get that "more"...no matter how much you work or how much you try. That's the problem! There is no "more."

All there is.

Your present moment is all there is.  Presence is all you are.  Everything else is just "thought." Ego uses thought to keep you away from the one thing that it fears...your awareness of the Truth.  The truth is that all there is... is the present moment...and all you are and ever need to be is presence. If we really realized this...ego would be no more.  We would see thought, and the search for more as nothing more than ego's futile attempt to pull us away from Truth. We would get wise real quick to ego's ways and we would give up the search.  We would stop the frantic movement of thought.

Anyway...that's my rampage for today.  All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment