Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Life is Now

Life is now.  There was never a time when your life was not now, nor will there ever be.
Eckhart Tolle

It is all good.  It really is.  I noticed something about myself today...I start a new course this morning and though I am somewhat prepared for this class, previous to this morning I focused little on it.  I was not overly excited about starting a new class like I usually get, nor was I dreading it.  I just didn't think about it.  Because previous to today it was just a "future projection " in my mind.  I had to do some planning but I didn't get meticulous in my planning like I tend to do. 

Eckhart Tolle refers to two types of time in The Power of Now. He uses the term "Clock time" to describe the use of time necessary to get by in this physical world.  We do need to plan, schedule to some degree , set appointments etc.  So I used clock time to prepare for today's class in some form but instead of getting overly invested in the thinking about it...worrying, hoping, wondering, becoming anxious, dreading, excited etc etc which are signs of one slipping into "psychological time", (Tolle's second type of time)....I was practical.  which is a big step for me.

I may go to class this morning and feel totally unprepared and may curse Tolle a little bit under my breath lol ( joking) but I am grateful I didn't waste any of precious "now" time lost in my head.

It is all good.

Tolle, Eckhart (2004) The Power of Now. Novato: New World Library.

No comments:

Post a Comment