Monday, February 26, 2018

Videos: Retraction and Expansion

More videos to share. I felt compelled today to share what I felt was some very important learning. At the same time I know I need practice speaking with some exposure, however limited and controlled it may be. So here I am.

I am adding two more unlisted videos.  I need to stress that they are unlisted for a reason.  I am fully aware that they are not yet ready for the full you tube public.  :) I share them here and only here.

A Little bit on Retraction and Expansion:


How to Expand Beyond a Retracted State.




Oh...it is so funny when I look at those videos and see all my little nuances that make me me: the bobble head movements, the William Shatner pauses in every sentence I try to create meaning in; the hand gestures that make me look like I am directing traffic as I speak to you; the facial expressions that would put any facial yogi to shame lol (not pretty); the new words I sometimes invent as I ramble on and all the unexpected  background noises of my busy little life that I take so for granted until I watch my videos.  Do you hear my old dog snoring in the second video? I love it! It is all so me..."little me" lol

Crappy video, maybe, but it is all so darn real and that is what I love about speaking...When I do a video at the last minute I come to the camera so unprepared. I have maybe two or three quotes written down on a piece of paper that I can't see or make out because my handwriting is so awful...I try to have a key word frame somewhere close by that guides me through my topics and can sometimes...when it is visible enough lol...be a visual aid for the audience. ..but that's it.  The rest is just like writing...I allow whatever needs to come out to come out and it surprises me each and every time.  That process is just so cool. Sloppy, impulsive and very, very real.  That is how you know that the messages I share here are near and dear to me.  It will show.  Well, I assume it will show. Who could or would fake such imperfection?

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment