Monday, February 12, 2018

Illuminate

Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.
Thomas Aquinas (https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/thomas_aquinas_192548)

I found this poem in my devotional journal this morning as I was going through the thousands of pages to get to where I was at so I could write today lol ( scary that a person can write so much eh?) .  The computer just froze the  scroll on that page where I wrote this poem in what seemed like so many years ago.

It explains where I am now in my desire to add just a twinkle of light and understanding into my own life and into the lives of others.  It also resonates with the quote above from our friend, the 13th century monk, saint and philosopher.

All is well in my world.
 
 
                             (Can't tell you what I shot this in because I don't remember lol)
 
 
Lamp

Hold your lamp up high.

Let the small flame flicker
and glow as you swing

it back and forth
with every step you take.

Know that it can be seen
through the thick fog

and through the darkness
that surrounds this world at times.

Feed the flame with your sweet breath.

Let it grow and expand

as the globe of golden light

extends in tiny arms of compassion,

reaching  out to the others
stumbling along their paths.

Fan it with your talk of dreams
and your laughter
and your love

as it ripples through the thirsty world

quenching an emptiness
and a need for more.

Watch as the embers dance and giggle

beneath the conduction of your joy.
 
There is nothing to fear.

Do not  cup your hand over it

to defend against  others

who might want to blow it out.

Do not dim it

with the intention of

conserving it for darker times.

Let it shine as bright as it can,
now.

Let it grow
until the flames lick the stars
and until the healing light

that comes from you

pours over the world like

a glorious sunrise.
 

Shine your light brightly,

mesmerizing all who watch in awe
as you beam
in the way you were meant to beam,

warming and brightening the entire world

With your lamp.

 

©Dale-Lyn  March 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment