Sunday, February 4, 2018

Following the Heart

Follow Your Heart and Make it Your Decision
Mia Hamm (https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/follow_your_heart)

Back to seeing referrer spam amongst one or two hits to my blog a day...meaning that my readership is pretty much non- existent at this point.  :) Am I okay with that?  I think so.  It is what it is and what is, is always okay. I also understand. The mere mention of spirituality can lead to the prickly-spine reaction in others and what do I mention more than anything else here?  Spirituality. :)

 I know my topic choice and content  may be off setting to many people.  So few people are willing to go there where I dare to go.  To have someone with no real credentials other than my own learning be the soul writer in this blog...could put people off even more.  "Who does she think she is  to write such things?  Why should I believe or even read a word she writes?"  I can understand that because I ask myself the same questions. 

Then why the heck do I do it...why do I come here?

I just feel this strong compulsion to teach what I am learning (or unlearning). As I said 100 times I am no expert.  I have no answers.  I know absolutely nothing about anything. (How is that for a resume worthy description? lol) My motivation to write this blog is based more on  compulsion and gut feeling than anything else.   I am  getting a taste of something so healing, so wonderful...so life changing that I feel I have to share it. I also have selfish reasons. I learn as I teach and I so desperately want to learn.

I am pulled here...for whatever reason...I need to be here.

Readiness is Essential and I am ready

 It is not my intention to preach or push people into an awareness they are not ready for.  I know how futile that would have been if someone tried that with me twenty  years ago.  That's not how this works...readiness is essential. 

As I look around me or whisper the word spirit to others, I come to see how so few people are ready.   The reaction I get is often one of judgment, defense, dismissal or even attack. Most people actively resist the notion of spirituality. I once read somewhere...that only 1 % of the population are where I want to be....who get what I am trying to get  fully. Though few are fully enlightened, the world is at a point where more and more of us are making the shift. I am encouraged to read that there are more people like me, beginning the process of waking up in their busy worlds, than there ever was before.  If other people are  starting to question, to wonder, to ask: "Is there more than this?" is it  not my duty then to say, "Yeah!  I think so!  This is what I am learning?"

So I am ready to share.  I put it all out there...discretely, non aggressively and with little to no expectation. I wait for someone who is ready for what  I have to offer to receive it. I have had readerships as small as one per day and as high as 500 per day.  I had very little to do with any of it. People who find themselves here do not do so because I "lured" them here lol. They are here because they either  "stumbled upon my page" or came to check me out after something else I  published elsewhere. (I will offer my blog site in those bios following my articles.)

No Expectations

Once they hit my page I sit back and wait to see if they are ready to receive the message or if they dismiss it and move on.  I do not change my course to attract more readers or to keep them. I do not write to please egos...theirs or my own.  I just write what I feel is truth at the time. Knowing that sometimes it will be received but many more times it won't. I am perfectly okay with whatever they choose to do. I wish them well regardless.  And I keep writing.

Following My Heart

I am not sure at this point if I should do something different in the future to attract more readers.  I am not sure if this is the medium to get the message out there.  And I am not even sure if I am the one to get it out there.  Right now...I just follow my heart which tells me to write the way I write about what I write and not to worry about the readership.  It will be what it will be.

If I am pulled in another direction in the future I will go...but for now...and of course now is all there is....I find myself here sharing a message regardless if I have readers or not.

All is well in my world

No comments:

Post a Comment