Tuesday, October 3, 2017

What We Can Learn from "Strangers"


I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.
Tennessee Williams

Wow!  What we learn from so called "strangers." (Isn't "stranger" an awful word, btw? As if the individuals around us, whose personalities we have yet to become familiar with, are "strange." Aren't we all the same under our outward appearances and ego dominated personas?  Aren't we all One?  How can we be strangers then?)

Anyway, On the way home I happened to be seated by a lovely woman who was moving to the province from BC and I feel like the angels above did the seating arrangement for that flight that evening.  I couldn't rearrange my seat to sit by D. because the plane was pretty much full and disappointedly I plunked myself down in an aisle seat, next to a woman who I would soon discover had a wealth of valuable knowledge to share...knowledge actually that I needed in my attempt to cope with my health issues more naturally.

I am not sure how much I was able to offer her but this is what I gained from our two hour conversation:
She shared so much more with me ...too much for me to remember all of it.  I was blown away by her knowledge of the healing techniques of so many ingenious people through out  the world. She explained things in  a way that left no doubt that she knew what she was talking about but for the purpose of "evidence" here...I will include sites where more information can be found to support the knowledge that poured from her head so easily.

The uncanny thing was...I never mentioned any of my ailments (of course) but she touched on remedies for all of them.  I just found myself completely absorbed in the information she was sharing. It was truly serendipitous.

The greatest thing I learned through our encounter, though, was that there are some truly "real" people out there.  I watched how she spoke to me and the others around her.  There was no pretentiousness, no cockiness ...just sincere kindness.  She was vegan and dressed the part so authentically without an ounce of animal product on her or around her.  (Well except for my leather sandals and purse that I tried to hide unsuccessfully underneath the seat in front of me lol).  She was the real deal.

I am grateful I met her. I wish her all the best in the new life she is establishing as a Maritimer.

All is well!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete