Thursday, October 5, 2017

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes the master. 
Ernest Hemingway

Working on editing my book for the ??? time...it is all good.  I learned so much from writing it and I am sure some could learn from reading it. I watched this free video seminar on book publishing from Hay House the other day ( I can not link it).  In the video Dr. Deepak Chopra spoke about what was needed for a successful book.  Loosely paraphrased, this is the information he offered:
  1. You need to be passionate about what you are writing (Check!)
  2. You need to know your stuff (Check!)
  3. You need to have a unique way of expressing that information (Check!)
  4. You need to have relatable stories within it (Check!)
  5. You need to know that every good story is a love story of some kind ( not a romance novel but a "Love" story.(  (Check! That works for me because there  is Love in my title.)
  6. You need to follow a story arc: a problem that needs to be solved, barriers/conflict and resolution.(Check!)
I got all that!  Yeah!  So now to get some one to publish it lol.

It is all good!

References

Hay House (2017) I can't get back in to get the name of the webinar but it was with Reid Tracy...part one of the series when you accept offer for a free "Quick Start Publishing guide"

No comments:

Post a Comment