Monday, October 9, 2017

More on Recognizing and Remembering: Another Imperfect Video

Perhaps it is our imperfections that make us so perfect for one another.
Jane Austen (Emma)



Another Video

I am having a hard time explaining what I mean by recognizing and remembering who we are and from Whom we came, to others and to myself. I feel like I have to spit it out somehow. So I thought I would try it with an off the top of my head video again.  I scribbled down a couple of quotes, fired up the camera and off I went on a tangent.



The Bloopers:

When I recognize and remember through reviewing this video, I know that on the inside I am perfect...on the outside...not so much.  :)

Okay...  you will have to excuse the lighting.  I am somehow silhouetted by a dark border as if I was going for the " mysterious gothic" theme...(was not intended)...

You will also have to do your best to ignore the less than graceful transitions between clips and the way I sound like William Shatner  auditioning for a very intense movie in some parts.  (No offense to William Shatner)

My bobble head has got to stop snapping from side to side too!

I also have to laugh at my creation of new words again. lol ...  like "Emongous" : which is a combination of enormous and humongous.  Why do I do that? Is it like a thing?   More importantly, how often do I do that in everyday conversation and why has no one ever pointed it out to me before?

 It is just too funny what we pick up from watching ourselves.

Shutting Ego Up

Again...these videos are not ready for the big public and maybe they will never be. I will however share them here.

 I can hear ego, "OMG!  You can't be serious about putting those atrocities up for people to see? What will they think?  What will they say?"  I am determined to shut ego up.

Too often in life we allow ego to hold us back with its "It's not good enough!  You are not good enough!" speeches.   It tells us not to expose ourselves unless we are perfect or what we do is perfect.  Wow!  I don't know about you, but I wouldn't do anything if that were the case because I have never been perfect on the outside.

We cannot spend this precious life being afraid of showing our imperfections.  That doesn't mean we are not going to try to be to best people we can be.  We are going to learn and grow with our efforts and failed or less than perfect attempts. We are only going to be able to  hit a home run if we actually swing at the ball coming our way.  We may strike out... sure... but there is no way of knowing what we are capable of until we try! Even if we do miss the mark, we will be more experienced the next time we get up and more likely to succeed.  Don't let a heckling ego keep you in the dugout!

Besides, when we recognize and remember who we really are, we will happily let ego make a fool of itself because we will know it is not us.

So once again...I step up to the plate in all my apparent imperfection.


All About the Message, Not the Messenger

Anyway...I am not sure I was clear in what I wanted to say but it certainly felt good saying it.  It was sincere. That has to count for something.

I have a message  coming from a place much deeper and wiser than ego.  Whether I should or I shouldn't, I feel compelled to share it with somebody, somewhere.  You are obviously still here... forgiving of my imperfections and possibly even getting something from my rampages lol.  So I share with you.

For that reason, it is all good.

All is well in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment