Monday, October 23, 2017

Art

The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls.
-Pablo Picasso

Art in whatever form it is expressed: paintings, writings, photography, sculpture, drama, dance etc etc etc...is a beautiful soft and refreshing cloth that wipes away ego from our human lives, for at least a moment. It is a reminder of what is real and beautiful beneath the grim this world of form piles on us. It reminds us of who we are.

Remember that it is not about being great, or "special" in your gift.  It is simply about the willingness to express it.  I write and I give my words away.  I am not great but I have something to share.  I photograph and I give my images away.  I am not special in this gift  but I have something to share.

My offerings may be meager but I feel called to give them away ( and I mean that literally lol ).  I want to do my small part in wiping the dust off souls, mine included. 

Do you?

Note:  Of course there comes a time when you might want to start getting paid for it lol...just so you can continue creating what needs to be given away.  Develop your skills, practice and get to the point where you know that what you have to offer is of value.  Give it away freely until you know you have to make it your life's work...then look for compensation. Know that the universe will support you. If you are following the right path...you will get what is needed to help you focus more on your art.  I am not quite there yet. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment