Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Reach Big!

I know...I should be writing an article lol.  Last week I just revamped a short story and sent it out to...guess where?  The New Yorker.  Now, I read somewhere the statistical probability for someone like me  being published by The New Yorker  is something like 0.00069 %.  So obviously my main goal for sending that out was not publication. 

Though I have revamped my weekly writing and submission goal to make it more realistic...I am honoring it. I did tell you I would write and submit and that is what I did.  It really is not about the publication for me.  Every time I complete something and submit it somewhere...it gets read.  Submission for me is all about taking a step, in this case- a giant leap, towards a dream...Going after my bliss is all about being read, not famous.  :)  So I am going to be read big!  lol

We need to think big, don't we?  We need to reach high and throw our wishes out there as far as we can...don't we? I will submit this story elsewhere...I have a list of more probable and just as wonderful publications.  They too may reject me with a "Hmmmpf...I wasted 30 minutes reading this story...come on woman...did you think we would publish that?" Or someone somewhere may like it and publish it.  Who knows?  We will never know until we try, will we?

So reach big!

Now for my article this week...kind of being pulled toward the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali...so maybe I will go there.  :)  I will start there, at least ...and see where it takes me.  I want to keep this one under 1000 words.  That is my goal!  That is my challenge.

All good!

Dear God,
Please untie the nots.
All the can nots, should nots,
may nots and have nots.
Please erase from my mind
the thoughts that
I am not good enough
-Iyanla Vanzant


No comments:

Post a Comment