Write for people first, search engines second. Content that resonates with humans will eventually be rewarded by algorithms.
copyblogger
Not sure if I will ever be rewarded by algorithms or if it really matters. I write for humans first and I seldom think of search engines or algorithms. Still I check the stats pages everyday. Hmm!
Blogger tells me I had 5777 views of this blog yesterday and 1256 so far today. Google tells me I had 176 active users, 212 views, and 565 event counts in the last 24 hours. Neither of these tell me how many real people actually read what I have written, if anybody lol. All just algorithm, and bot searching hits. That's okay...not knowing if I am read or not read, makes it easier to come here to do what I do... to share what I share. Though it isn't intended for bots but for real humans going through very real and similar experiences...it is comforting to think that right now...as raw and vulnerable as I find myself...few humans will be there to judge me right away. I will be like a travelling grafiti artist with a compulsion to leave behind their tag...splashing my paint on a wall and quickly running off before I am caught. Maybe when I am dead and gone, more legitimate readers will stumble upon this page and read what I have written. Their judgement won't matter then (though I am getting beyond the need for good opinion now). And maybe with time the human mind will soften somewhat and be more open to the message behind my words. Maybe, then, these words will do what they are meant to do.. help, in some small way, to heal the world. Do you think? Regardless, here I am.
Thanks to the legitimate readers who have been with me for a while. I do appreciate you immensely.
All is well.
No comments:
Post a Comment