And when you go around in circles brother, the world is very big, but if you plough straight ahead, it is small enough.
Column McCann
Though most of the so called visitors to this site might not actually have human brains, arms, or legs, they are poiting me towards a great geopgraphy lesson/review. I like to explore the wherabouts of the places that come up, to see where they are on the map.Most of the hits right now, according to the stats page, come from the Seychelles. I heard of the Seychelles as a big tourist hub, seen videos and tourist documentaries on its beautiful islands...but I forgot where they were. Had to do some research to be reminded that they are a collection of many islands off of the eastern coast of Africa, on the Indian ocean. The tourists these islands attract come mostly from South Africa, India, Europe and the Middle East. Hmm! One wouldn't suspect it as a center for bot activity lol. ...but atlas they are the top location for hits on the blog stats page and nowhere to be seen on google.analytics. Just picture these little bots all lying on the beach with a little drink in their virtual robotic hands.
I also have the States, Brazil, India, Vietnam, Ukraine, Germany, Singapore, Mexico, Pakistan, and Hong Kong weighing in with very large numbers per day. Now, I could imagine Singapore and Hong Kong...being Bot centers...but the Ukraine, Pakistan and Vietnam? (Whenever I think of Vietnam, I think of wholesome Buddhism and Thich Nhat Hanh). So, thanks to these bot recordings, I look at the Blog stats and I am reminded of how many places there are on the globe to explore lol. Its pretty cool.
I compare the Blog Stats to the Google Analytics page. I used to get much less numbers on this filter site, but atlas, the bots have found their way in through the back door. The numbers of engaged sessions (which really are not engaged sessions with 0 sec engagement times) have increased dramatically, registering even more hits sometimes than the Blog page stats do. Though I know there are bots here taking over the numbers ..I tell myself this site also records the tapping in of the very few legitimate readers I am getting. And it gets me wondering if these readers are from this place called "Friant" a little town in California, or this place called "El Tigre' in either Argentina or Venezuala etc. I like to imagine someone across the globe reading what I wrote and getting something from it, other than what the directors of the bots get. I like the thought of connecting to one or two humans somewhere on this big but tiny globe.
All of this is reminding me of how big, yet, also how small this world is.
All is well.
No comments:
Post a Comment