The consciousness that emanates from the Source of all Life into this world is the essence of you, which you can sense here and now as your own essence that is God in you. It emanates from the transcendent as light emanates from the sun...It is the consciousness that is the Life giving principle behind all forms. so it is the essence of you.
Eckhart Tolle
I have been practicing Yoganada's Hong-Saw meditation, a subtle Kriya practice with a big and not so subtle mantra (see below). Hong-Saw in translation means "I am That. I am He" Now, in the non-dualistic culture that inspired this...the understanding of this proclaimation is probably much more clear and acceptable than it would be in our western and very dualsitic culture. To proclaim, "I am God"in the context I grew up in, that many of you in the west might have grown up in, would seem not only blasphemous but obviously untrue.
Tolle in the below linked podcast explains how to interpret that mantra or prolaimation in a way that is easier for the dualsitic mind to digest. He tells us to avoid making the mistake of assuming what this statement might mean...He says,
Don't make the mistake of saying, "I am God"...it is not absolutely right...It would be like the ray of sun saying I am the sun.
We are not God...we are simply emanations of God. We are like the rays of sun being cast out by the sun to illuminate the world. That ray of light is a piece of the sun and more specifically, it offers a beam (a form) the sun can express itself through. It is a tiny representative of the sun but not the entire sun.
We are also like the tiny waves on the massive ocean...just its temporary crests and troughs. Sure, the wave is technically still a piece of the ocean but it isn't the whole ocean. It is a fleeting expression of that ocean.
We, in body's with personalities, are not the sum total of God...we are just vessels for the light and wave of God to shine through, to pour through. Yes, we have God in us...but when in form we are only carriers of God. When the body dies and falls away...like the beam of light or the wave when it has expended itself ...we just fall back into the whole experience of God or consciousness.
This mantra, then, may be best understood by the western mind as meaning ''I am an expression of God. I am expressing or emanating Consciousness. God is the essence of this human I call "me". Consciousness is the most important part of this being. It is why I am here. I am here to let God shine on this world, to ripple over this world. I am not God, I am of God."
In the beginning was the word[logos], and the word [logos] was with God, and the word [logos] was God.
John 1:1
All is well.
Eckhart Tolle (August, 2026) If the World Feels Like It is Falling Apart https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFdhFIWon1Q
No comments:
Post a Comment