Sunday, March 31, 2024

Yoga on Easter

Yoga is the deepest science...it is not about studying what you are looking at...Yoga studies the One that is looking. 

Michael A. Singer ( somewaht paraphrased)


It is a beautiful Easter Sunday in my part of the world.  The sun is shining after days of rain.  I even saw my first Robin this morning.  He landed on the little tree behind me casting his little shadow over my wall until I turned around and there he was, staring in at me as if to say, "Happy Easter/Happy Spring. We are back!" I opened up with that visit. 

I am open now.  As I listen to Michael A. Singer, I open even more. I have never heard a more like minded individual speak. It is like we are sharing the same thought waves lol. It might simply be two westerners understanding or attempting to understand and then share  the fundamentals of yoga that make us like-minded. Maybe it isn't our like-mindedness drawing me to him.  It might just be Yoga doing that. Truth is , I don't know many yogis. I mean, I know people who teach hatha yoga around here but they don't seem to understand what I am sharing or they see it as the "woo-woo" side of yoga and choose not "to go there."I don't know...but man when I listen to Michael A. Singer...it's like, "I see. I see. I see.  I agree. I agree. I agree."  I would love to sit down and talk to someone who thinks like I do...I really would.  It is a bit lonely here in my sadhanna...in my realm of understanding. Sometimes, I feel like an outsider, a 'strange-er' in this community. That is okay.  I know 'I am' actually  not lonely; I am merely observing a psyche that feels alone in this new understanding of things. It won't detere my practice. I am okay with doing this thing I am doing alone but it would be nice to talk to someone who gets it. I imagine being able to sit across the table over tea with someone like Michael Singer and just listen, share, learn, and teach as I grew a bit from that experience.

My crows are calling me: They come to my window to get my attention when they want to be fed and then they make these sounds until I go out to feed them. I am going to ignore them a bit for a few minutes.  They are getting spoiled lol. 

Getting Pulled Away from "I Am"  by Distraction and Identification 

Anyway, today's podcast was on distraction and identification. We, who we are at the deepest level: unchangable, undisturbable, untaintable consciousness, often get distracted by and pulled down into the psyche's "little-me's drama" ...so much so we begin to become identified with it to the point we forget who we are.  We are not that which we are observing or experiencing.  We are that which observes and experiences! I am not that suffering going on around me and in me...I am the consciousness, the Witness that is observing it. You are not the depression, the illness, the addiction, or the grief you are observing or going through...those are just objects of consciousness.  You are the Witness, the Consciousness, the Objective Observer, and the "I am" back here watching what is going on around you and in you. 

Hmm!

That makes all the difference, does it not? 

On this Easter Sunday, whether you are a yogi or not, remember who you are. And remember what Christ taught..."My Father and I are One." That is Yoga!

All is well! 

Michael A. Singer/ Temple of the Universe ( March 31, 2024) The Power of Distarction and False Identification. https://tou.org/talks/


No comments:

Post a Comment