Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Living Up to Words


In spiritual discourse words are not the thing, they only point to the thing... We use the words to point to something that is beyond the words....Just learning the words will do nothing to your state of consciousness.

Eckhart Tolle


If I get to  leave anything behind when I leave this body, I would want to leave behind  the truths  that I am discovering through all I am learning.  The only means I have to do so...is through words, and limited further ...through words in my own language. As someone who presently works with multilingual learners, I realize how limiting that is. 

Words themselves are just pointers and I have to wonder what do they end up pointing to when they are translated from one language to another?  So much can be lost or convoluted in translation. Of course, I do know in my heart that words and concepts mean  nothing compared to the "experience" they direct us to. 

Am I living Up to My Words?

Eckhart Tolle, in the below linked podcast, was mentioning how some people talk the spiritual talk beautifully but do not walk the spiritual walk. ( He did not express what he was saying in those exact words lol). He was saying how he was observing some people on YouTube who can masterfully articulate spiritual concepts but who are likely not experiencing them at the level of consciousness the words are pointing to. For a second, I thought he was referring to me. Not that I articulately master speaking and writing but that I am not living up to my words.  

I wonder then: 

Have I just mastered the terminology of spiritual discourse or am I living up to it? I come to this medium so I can use my words. As someone who conceptually identifies as "writer" and "speaker", I do love words and they are a natural expression of meaning for me. I use them to learn and I use them to share learning, thusly to enhance anything I have learned. This little platform is a means for me to express what I am learning, just as much for my spiritual sake as for anyone else's.  It is like my canvas. So I splatter the words I am seeing in my head all over this canvas, creating, I hope, something of value. What I am creating on this canvas, is a map, that's all. It is a map that shows the way to the buried treasure within each of us. The map is in English but is there enough of the nonverbal to direct all seekers of truth, even multilingual learners to the truth within themselves? 

Tolle, tells us, we communicate better when there are gaps in the concepts...when there is something there beyond the words.

Maybe, right now, I do not have enough gaps for consciousness to shine through my words? That's okay I trust the process. I accept that I am not an Eckhart Tolle or a Michael Singer and will likely never be.  I may never reach more than one or two people in the way Life wants me to reach people in this life time. That is perfectly okay with me. I am just doing what I feel called to do regardless of reception. 

Right now, I am only reaching, it seems, besides a few loyal readers ( thank you!), a large number of bots in Singapore and surrounding countries.The Universe may be telling me with this that I am not ready for a greater reception of readers...because I, as the writer, speaker, artist, and map maker am not ready.  It may be telling me the spiritual discourse is still percolating in me and I am not yet living up to the words of it. Maybe there has to be less words and more gaps to reach people in the way they need to be reached.

Hmm!

Few people may even see what I put here let alone understand it or get something from it...but I leave it anyway.  It is my "gift", I guess,  to a world I have been a part of for so long.   Outcome is not my focus but  I have  to have a certain faith  that others will benefit from what I share, if not now, someday when it is truly needed. I am okay with posthumous reception of this gift. Infact, realization of  the temporary nature of my body, is one of the reasons I am so pulled to come here to leave behind my learning.  

I leave the world my words, and my map to the truth.  And I will spend the rest of my time here trying to live up to my words.

All is well! 

Eckhart Tolle (March 5, 2024) From Suffering to Awakening: Embracing Consciousness in Virtual Worlds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCZ84F_l0J0&t=7s


No comments:

Post a Comment