Thursday, December 29, 2022

Weak Spots

 Eventually, you will come to realize that it is not the job, the spouse or the car that gets old-its listening to the mess in your mind that gets old. While all these patterns from the past get blocked in your mind [samskaras], you in there can neither experience the miracle of life unfolding before you, nor can you experience the natural beauty within you. Your awareness is completely distracted by those stored mental patterns, and you must devote your days and nights to serving them. You can no longer experience reality- you are stuck experiencing yourself. 

Michael A Singer, living untethered, page 71 ( New Harbinger/Sounds True, 2022)

I want the people around me to be happy and well! I feel so powerless when I cannot help them to feel better. Sigh! How can I help ease the suffering of others who are so blinded by this idea and belief that it is the "out there" that is hurting them; who are still so distracted by their samskaras that they cannot see that truth and feel instead that life is hitting them unfairly...when I have yet to fully acknowledge my own weak spots and to  let go of my own blockages? 

Hmm! All I can do is continue to work on myself, I guess...continue to open and release and maybe someday I will be able to lead by example. 

The truth of life is not hitting your weak spots, you are projecting your weak spots onto life. 

Michael Singer, page 70

All is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment